Fort Lauderdale Nightlife

CruisinMaterial

Hi All!

I am hoping folks who have been to the Fort Lauderdale area recently or folks who live in the area can help me find a good disco for a Saturday night overnight on 1/3 to 1/4/09. I am specifically looking for a good gay disco to dance the night away at. Two places that have been suggested from what I can find online are Club Boom and The Living Room. Any thoughts or comments on either would be greatly appreciated! :)

After the Coliseum closed which was right near the cruise terminal and within walking distance to the hotels I have no idea where to go now. :( I don't know if it ever re-opened after Wilma in 2005 but I know the Copa got destroyed then too. (I sailed right as Wilma was bearing down and saw the destruction afterward when we returned.)

Thanks in advance for your replies guys and gals! Smooth sailings in 2009!

~Jake

Yes...BOOM is in the heart of the gay night life...you can simply walk to Alibi, Boom and Bills Filling Station all across from each other...also there is gay shops like Tops and Bottoms...dining at Tropics....etc, etc, etc. just park once.

Cabs in FTL are safe but they are not cheap. Rental cars in Florida are usually very cheap. If I were you, unless you plan to get REALLY plastered, you might want to check out renting a car at the port and returning to there. It'll no doubt come out cheaper than two one-way cab trips to the Wilton Manors area, which I'm pretty sure is where these bars are if I remember correctly.

I disagree, I think you should cab it. Should be under $30 bucks each way, and like previous posters said, you can eat, drink, gay-shop and dance right at that one destination. Car rentals in high season aren't that cheap - it'll probably cost you at least $40. More importantly, cops often wait for drunk drivers in that area of Wilton Manors, especially on a Saturday night in high season. And there's a new campaign here - "buzzed driving is drunk driving"- that could land you in jail after just a couple of beers. You'll miss your ship and ruin your vacation - definitely not worth it over a couple of cab fares.

Cabs in FTL are safe but they are not cheap. Rental cars in Florida are usually very cheap. If I were you, unless you plan to get REALLY plastered, you might want to check out renting a car at the port and returning to there. It'll no doubt come out cheaper than two one-way cab trips to the Wilton Manors area, which I'm pretty sure is where these bars are if I remember correctly.

Thanks for the tip! I don't know where I'm this close to sailing if a rental car will work. I don't really plan on getting trashed either! I just want to go to someplace that is safe and has good music to dance to with a dance floor, intelligent lighting system and sound system that will not deafen you if you're taller than the rest of the people dancing!! :)

Archived