Livorno Shuttles

Lancer1568

Does anyone know if Azamara offers a shuttle bus to the train station in Livorno. I know that most cruise lines offer a free shuttle from the port to downtown Livorno but that is a 15 or 20 minute walk from the train station. On a recent NCL cruise they offered a shuttle for $12 round trip to the train station.

On some cruises I believe they have offered one early morning shuttle direct to the station.

If this is not offered on your cruise, take the shuttle to town. Cross the road from the drop off point to a tobacconist where you can buy a bus ticket. Then take the number 1 bus to the station.

Enjoy your cruise

• 2 weeks later...
bumping this to top...anyone been to livorno on azamara?

We were on Azamara in Livorno last spring. There were no shuttles to the station that I know of. On our first day we were going to Siena so we got off the ship early and got one of the taxis that were waiting by the gate. From memory it was a flat rate to and from the station and we felt it was quite expensive but we wanted to get an early train and didn't want to wait for a bus. We did however get the bus back from the station and then walked back to the ship. On the second day we walked to the bus stop that Spursgirl mentions and bought our tickets to and from the station from a shop that was just close by. The buses were regular and easy to use, you just need to remember to validate the tickets. Hope this helps.

I should also have mentioned that we were docked very close to the town centre and not in the industrial area so it was only a short walk to the bus stop. I don't know if this is always the case but it was an excellent location.