Local vs. Ship Time

meneelyb

We just receive our confirmation for a stingray city excursion. It specifies that the meeting time is 10:00 am local time. (April 5) Will the ship (Carnival Triumph) be on the same time or does it stay on Miami time? I am confused about all of this and I want to be sure and not miss our excursion.

Thanks

Yes, this is confusing. I have done alot of work on this "time issue" myself. I am assuming April 5th is after daylight savings time. We are going on a cruise in May and I spoke to a manager at Carnival, as I wasn't confident with some of the reps. answers. She said that Carnival stays on the time of the place where the cruise bagan. We are going out of Miami and so we will be on Eastern Daylight time in May. She says the ships stay on the time of the place or origin the whole cruise. Sharon, at Nativeway, told me Royal Caribbean and Carnival opererate on ship time whereas the other lines will vary. Grand Cayman does not follow daylight time and so my ship time will be 1 hour ahead of the local time. Hope this helps....

We just receive our confirmation for a stingray city excursion. It specifies that the meeting time is 10:00 am local time. (April 5) Will the ship (Carnival Triumph) be on the same time or does it stay on Miami time? I am confused about all of this and I want to be sure and not miss our excursion.

Thanks

We were on the Triumph when we cruised, and the ship did stay on Miami time (eastern). Isn't April 5th after daylight savings kicks in? If so, ship time will be one hour ahead of island time. So if ship time is 8:00, then it's 7:00 in GC. This is how they did it when we were on the ship, but that was three years ago.

Archived