Costa All inclusive drinks package

Mae1978

Hi

Just to advise you all the Costa now dont do the all inclusive drinks package

they have now stopped this

they still do the package for when you have drinks with meals but not the at any time one

x

Which cruise are you on and through which Costa country did you book?

According to Costa Germany, there are no changes with regards to the all inclusive drinks package other than those already stated in their Catalogue.

Ron

Do you have any idea when they stopped this? I booked the J2 all inclusive package in March if I remember correctly, think it was through the travel agent I booked the cruise through. This is for a Med cruise on the Serena departing 14 Oct (Next month, !!!) Can't wait. :) Sorry forgot to mention it was booked through UK travel agent.

Do you have any idea when they stopped this? I booked the J2 all inclusive package in March if I remember correctly, think it was through the travel agent I booked the cruise through. This is for a Med cruise on the Serena departing 14 Oct (Next month, !!!) Can't wait. :) Sorry forgot to mention it was booked through UK travel agent.

I would not worry about the original message, I think it is a fake.

OP joined CC today.

Sends first and only message with not much information, in fact very little to go on.

I don't think we'll see another message from theat quarter.

If you are concerned give your TA / Costa a ring to find out what exactly is the position.

Let us know how you get on.

Ron

Ron, thanks for that bit of info, do you get a lot of suspicious posts on these forums? I have it in correspondence from TA that J2 is booked, also shows up in My Costa under my order so I know all is ok. Was wondering if they had decided to stop this scheme. Really looking forward to our first cruise on a magnificent looking ship. :)

Sandy

Im NOT a fake or suspicious in any way

I joined to advise people of what I knew so thanks for the lovely welcome! made me feel a bit rubbish to be honest so thanks for that.

I was advised by thomas cook after they called costa while I was present that the all incusive drinks packages (other than the ones you can book to have with meals) are now discontinued

I was disappointed and wanted to advise others of what I knew

Im sure if u already have something booked you will be fine and its maybe just for new booings.

thanks for the vote of confidence GMT!

Im NOT a fake or suspicious in any way

I joined to advise people of what I knew so thanks for the lovely welcome! made me feel a bit rubbish to be honest so thanks for that.

I was advised by thomas cook after they called costa while I was present that the all incusive drinks packages (other than the ones you can book to have with meals) are now discontinued

I was disappointed and wanted to advise others of what I knew

Im sure if u already have something booked you will be fine and its maybe just for new booings.

thanks for the vote of confidence GMT!

We have seen it all too often, a new member posts a very general message with no meat on it and then disappears.

In your very first message you make a global statement about Costa drinks packages, without mentioning, cruise, date, country.

It is always best to supply as much information as you have so that other passengers / countrymen can relate to it.

You made the statement that Costa had done away with the all inclusive drinks package, but their is a dedicated Costa web site to book such packages in Germany and it is still up and running.

Ron

Ok Mae1978, please accept my apologies if it was a genuine post, but Ron is right in what he says. I understand it is all too easy to get different info from different sources/TAs etc but sometimes it pays to check around before making statements or ask the question on forums such as this as 99% of the time someone will have encountered the same thing.

Hi

I didnt make a 'general' statement about all drinks packages

I clearly stated the the package with dinner is still avail but that the all inclusive all day one was now not available

I hoped this wasnt true as this is what I wanted to order

Im glad if others are able to order it but I was advised by costa that I could not.

Sorry if I didnt incorporate enough info for everyones liking but I didnt realise there was a minimum amount of words I was meant to use

I just wanted to help others with the info I had but seems this was not a good idea and Ive been made to feel horrid

Enjoy your cruises everyone - I need a holiday after the beating Ive had on here!

Hi

I didnt make a 'general' statement about all drinks packages

I clearly stated the the package with dinner is still avail but that the all inclusive all day one was now not available

I hoped this wasnt true as this is what I wanted to order

Im glad if others are able to order it but I was advised by costa that I could not.

Sorry if I didnt incorporate enough info for everyones liking but I didnt realise there was a minimum amount of words I was meant to use

I just wanted to help others with the info I had but seems this was not a good idea and Ive been made to feel horrid

Enjoy your cruises everyone - I need a holiday after the beating Ive had on here!

In your original message you did make a global statment about all inclusive drinks packages:

"Hi

they still do the package for when you have drinks with meals but not the at any time one

x"

Such information can cause panic among some cruisers who have alreday booked an all inclusive drinks package and make them worry instead of looking forward to their cruise.

The only additional information you have supplied is "Thomas Cook", which wouldn't mean anything to some members.

Ron

x

how can the above be a general statement when I have specified the package thats been removed and the one that has not?

ridiculous pickiness on so many levels I was trying to inform people thats all!

as I said thanks for the lovely welcome on the forum its been a joy!

Hi Mae1978

Please don't feel "got at". There are varying drink packagages, J2, X1, Boys and Girls - wine packages and one or two others. So there's a bit of confusion to start with as you didn't name any particular package. If you look through the threads you will find Ron is a mine of information and often posts the drinks packages for all to see. Also if the drink packages had "gone" he would have been the first to tell us. I assume as you are using Thomas Cook - you are from the UK and you say the TA there was on the phone to Costa while you were there and was informed that the drinks packages are no longer. I have also stood in a Travel shop whilst the TA made a call to Costa and told me there were no drink packages. That was over two years ago - I joined these boards - and sure enough - lots of info about drink packages - so if one half of the world is going on the same cruise as I am - and they have drink packages - why can't I? So I rang Costa direct - and asked them the question - sure enough they told me they couldn't do the drink package for me - but to INSIST the TA book it. I was advised by Costa that TA's didn't like to push them - as there was nothing in it for them - and it was extra work. Now that is what I was told - I know this posting is long winded - but with due respect - the "experts" are on the boards - not in travel shops. You nearly started world ward 3 by not being specific :eek::eek::eek: -keep pushing your TA - let us know how you go

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked on the Favolosa in March and I sent and enquiry to Costa and they sent me this information. Interestingly they told me to book it with the agent and the agent told me to book it with Costa! I will sort this out in due course :). However here are the packages.

BEVERAGE PACKAGES

NEW - Wine Package Easy

TTG CODE > IPEASY

(Euro 69 / Usd 94 service charge included)

Package not available for mini bar item

4 bottles of italian wines + 7 bottles of mineral water :

2 bottles of red wines

2 bottles of white wines

7 bottles of mineral water

NEW - Wine Package Special Selection Save

TTG CODE > IP1SA

(Euro 109 / Usd 143,75 service charge included)

5 bottles of italian wines superior quality + 7 bottles of mineral water :

3 bottles of red wines

2 bottles of white wines

NEW - Wine Package Classic Selection Super Short

TTG CODE > IP2SS

(Euro 99 / 126,50 service charge included)

6 bottles of italian wines + 7 bottles of mineral water :

3 bottles of red wines

3 bottles of white wines

NEW - Boys & Girl Card Short

TTG CODE > IPBGS

(Euro 23 / Usd 25,30 service charge included)

10 alcohol free drinks from the following selection :

Soft drinks

Virgin Delights

Fresh squeezed citrus fruit

Iced Tea

Milk shake with fresh fruit

Assorted Juices

Syrups

Water Package TTG CODE > IPWP

(Euro 26 / North & South America Usd 32,90 s.c. included)

13 bottles ( 0,75 cl) of mineral water

Exclusive Package TTG CODE > IPEP

(Euro 172,50 / North & South America Usd 218,50 s.c. included)

1 bottle Prosecco doc Aneri n∞ 1 doc Brut

1 bottle Leda doc Alto Adige Aneri

1 bottle Amarone Aneri doc Special Edition

1 bottle Pinot Nero Ale doc Alto Adige Aneri

Happy Individual Beverage Package (by the glass)

TTG CODE > X1 (Euro 13 pax/day / Usd 16,10 pax/day s.c. included)

TTG CODE > X1CHILD (Euro 8.00 pax/day / Usd 9.20 pax/day s.c. incl.)

NB : The X1 / X1CHILD beverage packages are NOT available on Romantica from 20/11/2010 to 24/04/2011 (positioning to Mauritius, Mauritius cruises, repositioning to Singapore).

LUNCH AND DINNER BEVERAGE PACKAGE BY THE GLASS:

Beverage package can be ordered and paid only before the cruise and only to Individual Guests.

The X1 must be booked by all adult guests occupying the same cabin. Children must prepay the X1CHILD.

X1 code will be printed on the Passenger's Costa Badge.

It includes white and red Wines or draft beer, soft drinks, mineral water, all served by the glass in the Dining Room or Self-Service Restaurant during lunch and dinner only. For children from 4 to 17 years old it includes only soft drinks and mineral water.

• 1 month later...

Some of you were awful tough on the OP. They replied the very next day. Not a sin to be new. And being new to CC means some posts might be short of information. Simple questions after the first post would have cleared up and informed everyone reading. Just sayin...

Hi All,

New to this site too, but not cruising. Shortly off on 3rd Costa cruise (not sure why - not the best line I've been on)

Off on Costa Fortuna on journey to south america Nov 19th if anyone else is??

Anyway. Wondering about drinks packages myslef, as have previously ended up buying on board wine, soft drinks etc packages - nothing better than carting a load of little vouchers around.

Phoned Costa direct yesterday:

They now offer 3 packages (will probably get names wrong - they've just re-named them)

1. the old X1 package.Now called something else. Selected drinks with meals. For 18nights, I was quoted £196.44pp - 10.91 pp per day

2. Ultra all inclusive - the old J2. All drinks up to 6.99euro in value anytime.

18 nights £608.58pp - £33.81pp per day

3. All inclusive. A selected list of drinks available all day. Was e-mailed a list. Essentially house wine, soft drinks, non premium spirits. NO speciality coffees, NO cocktails (NO a lot of other things) - £308.02pp - £17.11pp per day.

Mentioned the ruse suggested on here for X1 package where can get a drink anytime buffet is open if grab a small plate of food - replied curtly that "waiters are wise to it, and would deal with it" - welcome to Costa.

More annoyingly, she could not explain why the J2 package is bookable on the German website at 20euro pp per day - thats HALF THE PRICE we have to pay. I asked if I could book it via that website - but apparently it will reject my booking number if not a german citizen. What next - separate prices at the bars depending on nationalities. I can understand differing prices for the cruise, but how can the drinks on board cost different amounts, depending on where you live???

Anyway,

worth working out how much you will realistically spend. The all inclusive is the best value "no hassle" option - not much more than X1. BUT........

can get classic 6 wine/7 mineral water for 103euro +15%, and 20 beers for 72euro +15% etc. Bear in mind, too, that there is a 2 for 1 cocktail of the day every day (NOT included on all incl), they frequently do cheap champagne deals (and the house Jacquard is very good, and not expensive normally at about 25euro a bottle). A bottle of prosecco is about as cheap as any wine on the list too. I worked out we can have a bottle of wine every night, 3 beers each a day, and a bottle of mineral water, and it is still cheaper than the drinks package. remember, too, that coffee (in a vat), and nice tea selection, is available all day in buffet. There is also afternoon tea every day. Not an easy call........

(sorry I've gone on!..)

Sorry also forgot...

I booked through TA, but rang Costa direct 0845 351 0552, and they gave me prices over the phone. Didin't get as far as finding out if had to pay by credit card, or if would be added to on board account like prebooked excursions (too upset about German price difference TBH)

ONLY IMPORTANT BIT - DRINKS PACKAGES MUST BE PRE-BOOKED 5 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE DATE - minimum.

We have previously travelled on 3 costa cruises and taken J1 package every time, which proved to be very good value.

Just booked for Feb 2013 on the Romantica...which incidentally is nearly sold out, according to my travel agent!

Looked at the online brochure for 2012 and it shows only one drinks package for adults at a cost of 19.5 euros per day per person. Description is quite ambiguous, ie wine, water, beer and selected spirits and soft drinks. Says available at lunch and dinner and other times?? It looks to me as if the changes may be from 2012 onwards. Anne

Hi Anne.

Just booked out drinks package. Sounds like J1. Costa on the phone called it "extra all inclusive" (and it includes the 15% service, and is paid for by CC over the phone BTW). our price would have come out around 19.50 per day. It IS confusing. COsta kindly sent me a list of included and excluded drinks - still unclear! Basically drinks available all day, like J2. just limited selection. So no "premium sprirts" - which includes Smirnoff etc, and confusingly "gin and tonic", but some cocktails ARE included - apparently it depends what spirits they are made with!!! Some beer brands included, and others not. Premium coffee (ie with liqeur)not included, but can order premium coffee and certain separate liqeurs and so on. NIGHTMARE. Just hope we're given a list on board, or we'll drive the waiters crazy. We're just chancing it that there will still be plenty to choose from.Makes it harder to decide when they can't tell you what drinks packages will be available on board, as this is decided "at the time, based on what they've stocked".

Think the J1 package would be more straightforward if they'd just made it any drink up to a certain price.

If you order gin and tonic - order the gin first - and the tonic on a seperate bill - same with brandy and coke for example - just split the drinks on to two orders - keeps you under the price limit that way

Having said that - I bet that has even changed :confused:

Nothing stays the same. We got more value out of the "two for one" during the happy hours - than a drink package - but that suited us - due to getting off at each stop and being ashore most of the day.

I am also new to Cruise Critic although I have been on 4 cruises all in the Caribbean. I am very Excited to try out Costa and will be cruising out of Barcelona on Dec 7th for 7 nights on the Concordia. We booked our cruise on Pricline because they where offering 3 free hotel nights if we booked on there site. We then wanted to add the all inclusive drinks package and where a bit worried as it seemed a bit confusing. We simply called Costa direct and they charged us 362 American dollars for what they call "COSTASPECIALPKG ALL INCLUSIVE VIP". I typed it exactly how it shows in our Costa bill. We where told it includes all drinks as posted before up to 7 Euros. I know alot of you are from Europe but I hope this helps North American cruisers a bit.

Your Newb,

Sam

Archived