RCI Freedom of the Seas Adventure Ocean questions/experiences

mjonis

So I'm looking specifically at the FOS Adventure Ocean program reviews/experiences.

I've seen one review (another website) that did not sound very good at all (although the 'latest" was in 2011). Something about all they did was read books to kids ages 3-5 and yell at them if they didn't sit still and listen quietly (which, if they've ever run into a 3-year old is NOT in their ability to do--haha).

Thanks!

We'll be on the Jan 5, 2014 FOS western caribbean, so I have no idea if that makes a difference.

Checkout Michele's (Crusinmama06) photobucket website. She has Adventure Ocean Compasses which show the activities for each age group.

http://photobucket.com/cruisekidpages

Thanks everyone! Makes me feel more at ease.

We'll see how the 3-year old deals with not being with mom and dad, though (he does fine at daycare at home, but not necessarily in strange places)

But nothing RCI can do about that (haha)

We tried the Neverland Club at Disney last year with our 3 y/o, and he loved it - we were at dinner feeling guilty about putting him in, only to find out he was having more fun at the club than when he was with mom and dad...lol

But go to the open house on day 1, and this will give you and him a chance to see the club and meet the staff. You may be able to better gauge if he will want to go back or not. And I thought for the little guys, there were a few parent/child activities planned throughout the week. Those would be perfect if he does not want to go by himself.

Good luck and happy cruise

We were on the Freedom of the Seas about a month and a half ago. My 3-year old LOVED the Adventure Ocean Aquanauts club. He rushed through breakfast and begged us to take him there every morning. They do a lot more than just read books. They have times to play and run around the place, they do games with prizes(I think they give all of them prizes) they do little experiments, paint, do arts and crafts... And the ladies that work there are absolutely exceptional! They treat the kids like they were part of their family. We were very pleased.

Yeah when my daughter was 3 on Freedom - that was her bday cruise. She didn't exactly love story time. There was a HUGE ship slide in the room and she kept leading the rest of the kids down the ship slide and the brand new AO counselor kept yelling at her for it and giving her "Strikes". So I had a little conversation with the head of AO and problem was solved. ;)

I mean - what 3 year old is going to sit down for story time and ignore the GIANT ship slide? So we had to come to a little understanding on the ship and once we did - all was well. :)

That was 6 years ago and many RCI sailings later and I can't drag that same child kicking, screaming OR injured (yes - she was injured once in AO during a rather rough game of steal the bacon and required X-rays - she wanted to go right back) out of Adventure Ocean.

My girls love the program.

Archived