OK - I Just Booked An Inside On The "Lirica" - Should I Upgrade To An Outside??

bigmike7

Yo-

Just booked an inside stateroom on the "Lirica" for 11 night cruise 03/31/2005.

What can I expect in room size? Do the rooms have 110 volt outlets?

What are your thoughts on upgrading to an outside stateroom? Are they bigger?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you-

Happy Cruisin'

Mike

Hi Mike

I had a balcony cabin on Lirica and certainly that is bigger than the normal cabins. In my opinion it was worth it. In the bathroom you also have a full size bath with a shower over - rather than just a small shower with (so I am told) a "sticky" shower curtain.

Lirica is beautiful and feel sure that you will have a great time.

I believe I am correct in saying that there is no difference in size of standard inside and outside cabins. The inside cabins we saw were quite adequate and the clever use of mirrors avoided feelings of "claustrophobia".

You can find pictures at magwa.co.uk. also cruiseclues.com/lirica and also msc.lirica/tk.

You will not have a problem with power sockets 110 volt provided in cabin and also bathroom.

Barry

Yo czechmate-

Thanks for the GREAT info-

Think that I will wait and see what the "upgrade fairy" comes up with (we have an inside "guarantee" so there is a possibility)-

Will I need a plug adapter for the 110 volt sockets?

Happy Cruisin-

Mike

bigmike

I took my Dad on the Lirica in May. Had a great time! We had an outside cabin. Adequate size with lots of storage. The bath IS small. Didn't have problems with a "sticky" shower curtain and I am no pocket piece! LOL! No adapter needed.

Will take Dad again next year. Last May I took him on this particular cruise because it was a "Big Band" cruise. I want to do the same for him next year, but not the same ports. Did a little checking and to let you know if you are not aware...the Lirica will do 4 big band cruises on the following dates. 1/13/05, 1/24/05, 3/31/05 and 4/11/05. Not sure if this is written in stone and no idea which band plays which week.

Hi Mike -

I was going to email the site where I found the info, but there is no address for you. Don't think I can post the link here as the site has rates (which are good). Let me know how to get the info to you if you're interested.

nocaper

Yo nocaper-

Thanks for the thoughts (keep contact info off any site due to "spaming" I once got)

Found the Big Band dates in MSC brochure and 03/31/2005 is indeed shown by them - we can hardly wait........

Thanks again and-

Happy Cruisin'

Mike

Hooray! On other boards when I find out info, I tend to get bashed for starting rumors! So nice to know people here are more accepting! Now all we have to do is be a little more active.

FYI...I don't have my address listed for the same reason.

FYI 2...On Big Band cruise in May, we had the Tommy Dorsey Band. They played nightly in the Lirica Lounge. We were fortunate enough to meet and spend time with several band members and Tommy Dorsey's son (Tom) and his wife Barb. WONDERFUL people. It was great to have 11 days to chat with people. The other entertainment was a fine departure from the big band on those nights we wanted something different. We never went to the shows...we were having way too much fun to sit for that long! It was an "older" crowd as that particular week was hosted by Music of Your Life and there were several groups on board. Prior to the cruise I met people through these boards (you can jump in any time, Cathy and Dean!) and thanks to Cathy's research we did a couple really nice shore excursions together.

The more I yak, the more tempted I am to do 2 cruises back to back! We may see you in March!!

nocaper (and no rumors either!)

Yo nocapers-

Why don't you come along - I got us a great price on Skya****** and great airfares from Delta Air***** and great insurance from insuremyt***

(ya hafta do that **** stuff so the thread doesn't get bumped for "pimpin" where ya got a good deal - which is to bad - when it can possibly help some other board member)

Anyway - it WOULD be fun.........

Happy Cruisin'

Mike

Archived