Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 3)

Host Kat

P.S. wondering what if any jewellery I should wear? long or short necklace? drop earrings? color or just silver?

I think necklace would be dependent on where the neckline hit you. Because it has some sparkle, I would normally say skip necklace and go for some big ass statement earrings, but if it's low enough, something simple (and short, to around the collar bone) to just fill in some of the open skin might look nice.

I would stick with either silver or black. I normally love to add a pop of color to a black and white outfit, but I'm not sure it would work with this pattern.

Love the dress!!!

I think necklace would be dependent on where the neckline hit you. Because it has some sparkle, I would normally say skip necklace and go for some big ass statement earrings, but if it's low enough, something simple (and short, to around the collar bone) to just fill in some of the open skin might look nice.

I would stick with either silver or black. I normally love to add a pop of color to a black and white outfit, but I'm not sure it would work with this pattern.

Love the dress!!!

Thanks for the input - the 'neckline' is kind of high - so not much space - I usually always wear a diamond solitaire necklace (silver) so might leave it on (or not?).

I think I might have a couple pairs of earrings that might work - one pair is a bit 'blingy' - black silvery - long single thread ....otherwise more fun is a pair of big black 'flower' shapes with a rhinestone in the middle.... May try them both on with the dress and see what looks best.

Just brought it in to be hemmed so will try to post a picture when I have it back...

Also wondering about a shrug or something to cover my fat arms...I have a black/waterfall type cardi - but saw a really pretty bright red swing bolero - wondering if that might work - and provide some color to the black and white outfit?

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well. Just wanted to say "Thank You" to everyone for the prayers and uplifting spirit. I can always count on the ladies at CC.

Wonderful news...my mother is getting the halo off tomorrow and that in itself is a blessing. My daddy said she was talking and wanting to go out in the sunshine...I guess they plan to do that as soon as they can. Thank you again so much.

I have to say, I felt like doing a little shopping tonight for the first time in a while, so here goes!

0358ba8c-0c04-40f7-b4da-a3e9c82f99d5.jpg.9e21b4efdf18ea6e5041955513974a99.jpg

Hi ladies' date='

Hope everyone is doing well. Just wanted to say "Thank You" to everyone for the prayers and uplifting spirit. I can always count on the ladies at CC.

Wonderful news...my mother is getting the halo off tomorrow and that in itself is a blessing. My daddy said she was talking and wanting to go out in the sunshine...I guess they plan to do that as soon as they can. Thank you again so much.

I have to say, I felt like doing a little shopping tonight for the first time in a while, so here goes![/quote']

Great news about your mom. Sunshine is always uplifting.

The dress is gorgeous. Enjoy!

Hi Everybody! I have spent the last week going through all 3 parts of this thread and I love to see all the beautiful dresses that you all post. I wish I would have found this thread before my first cruise but better late than never. We opted not to do the formal nights because I panicked and just ended up not getting a dress at all. Thanks for all your tips on where to find great bargains and for all of you who posted your pics thanks for that too!

I am definitely a Marie fan too! Love all of her pics so beautiful.

To Drew's wife: I am sending my thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

You all seem like an awesome group and I look forward to getting to know you better!

Thanks, Terri :D

Hi ladies' date='

I have to say, I felt like doing a little shopping tonight for the first time in a while, so here goes![/quote']

So happy to hear that your Mum is doing well, Sherrie. Will keep her in our prayers.

Love that dress ! Did you order it in that color? Beautiful, enjoy. :)

So happy to hear that your Mum is doing well, Sherrie. Will keep her in our prayers.

Love that dress ! Did you order it in that color? Beautiful, enjoy. :)

Thanks Judy,

Yes I ordered the blue. I told Drew to pick the color and that was his first choice. If it turns out like I hope, I might order a red for Valentine's. ;)

I did it - I finally got a maxi dress I like and that looks 'semi decent'!

http://www.cleo.ca/plus-size-jewel-ikat-maxi-dress/6984CR101501023.html?dwvar_6984CR101501023_AIP=Regular&dwvar_6984CR101501023_colour=Black/White/Silver#start=1

it is actually nicer in 'person' as the bling around the neckline is quite sparkly....I hope to wear it this summer and planning to bring it along on my next cruise for dinner in the MDR....(and hoping to cover my fat arms of course).

...it definitely has to be shortened but at least no 'pattern' at the bottom to wreck so that is good news! :)

P.S. wondering what if any jewellery I should wear? long or short necklace? drop earrings? color or just silver?

What a pretty dress. Big earrings, not a necklace

Hi ladies' date='

Very happy news! The dress you bought is simply elegant! Love the color!

Welcome to the group Terrie!

Hi Everyone - First time looking at this thread, and wow! So pretty! Our last cruise we opted out of formal nights...wasn't sure how to pack all that stuff...but we're definitely in next time around. Thanks for all the great pics and information! I can't wait to post a pic of what I find...although, I have plenty of time. :)

Hi Everyone - First time looking at this thread, and wow! So pretty! Our last cruise we opted out of formal nights...wasn't sure how to pack all that stuff...but we're definitely in next time around. Thanks for all the great pics and information! I can't wait to post a pic of what I find...although, I have plenty of time. :)

Welcome to the thread. Lots of great people and info on this thread.

I did it - I finally got a maxi dress I like and that looks 'semi decent'!

http://www.cleo.ca/plus-size-jewel-ikat-maxi-dress/6984CR101501023.html?dwvar_6984CR101501023_AIP=Regular&dwvar_6984CR101501023_colour=Black/White/Silver#start=1

it is actually nicer in 'person' as the bling around the neckline is quite sparkly....I hope to wear it this summer and planning to bring it along on my next cruise for dinner in the MDR....(and hoping to cover my fat arms of course).

...it definitely has to be shortened but at least no 'pattern' at the bottom to wreck so that is good news! :)

Great dress. I was sad to see they are out now in my size. If you normally wear a diamond solitaire, I would leave it on with that dress as I shouldn't think it too much with that neckline. Some sparkly earrings would bring the sparkle to your face, I think, but with that lovely bold pattern, I would probably keep the earrings smaller myself. You should definitely try a couple of pairs on in front of a full length mirror and see the effect. What sort of shoes have you with it?

here is a pic of me in the dress:

maxi%20dress%20pic_zps07lh465b.jpg

I am actually wearing 2 different earrings - but hard to tell - I think the dress looks better with the chunkier/flower earring - on the left - in comparison to the more delicate/dangly black/rhinestone one on the right....

As for shoes - you obviously can't see my feet - until I start moving - then you can see a bit of them - I am wearing black/white wedge sandals (and some rhinestones on there as well but probably won't show too much :) ).

I wore this 2 weeks ago on Celebrity Equinox. It was a 7 night cruise and we only had one formal night due to having only one sea day.

The shoulders and upper back are lace, and there is a cascade down one side. The neckline is draped and the middle area is puckered. The fabric is stretchy and I had to buy a size smaller than usual because the top is cut really big. I bought this dress because it's very lightweight and I was concerned about luggage weight restrictions....I do love wearing a full length gown, so this was a great solution.

xcw687.jpg

Edited by royalcruz