St. John's Cathedral

canada4

As we're coming in on a Sunday morning, we are entertaining the idea of going to a service at this great cathedral. Is it open to anyone to attend and if so does anyone know of service times? It appears fairly close to walk to.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Follow up question :) if I may. We'll be in Antigua on Wednesday, Jan 2. I've been googling but can't find a website for the Cathedral. Would you know if there are services or if the Cathedral is open for visitors during the week? TIA!

No... but the church will be open for you to wander about. I remember when I used to attend Secondary School or High School... we used to go over there to practise for school programs and what not... and tourists would wander around the church and the antiquated cemetary taking photos.

Me too I love the serenity of the old cemetaries...We will be in Antigua in Mid February, so I will have to make a point of visiting it!

(And the bakery!:D )

When we lived in NY (Westpoint) During the Spring and Summer months, we used to get an Ice Cream (from a near by icecream shop), and walk thru the cemetary and just enjoy all of the history! It is also a very good place to think, when you need to !

Carol

Archived