Equinox Mast Grill Now Extra Cost

TommyD3

Currently onboard Equinox.

Mast grill is now extra cost just like the post dry dock change to Constellation.

$10 for 1/2 lbs and $5 for 1/4 lbs !!!

That's a shame, but inevitable. Do you still get to sit out in the blazing sun while "enjoying" your $10 burger? That was hard enough when it was free. Sorry Celebrity, others can enjoy your new "for fee" venue. This cruiser will not partake.

Good thing we have lots of OBC for our cruise on her in Oct. Regardless, that is just wrong. Now that leaves only the buffet as a free option for those who are having a pool day, unless they want to fork over some moola. [emoji19][emoji57]how long before they decide to start charging for entry into the buffet? I had one of those Mast burgers in 2014 and was underwhelmed. Will they be using better grade meat? Why a charge now? Will the charge be $10 next year if people are willing to pay $5 this year?

... oh man, I reread the post and now see that some burgers are $10.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

The Mast Grill has been a favorite of ours for the 14 years we've sailed Celebrity. Just another con on the pros/con list of sailing Celebrity. Cons outweigh the pros enough that our decision to move on to other vacations makes it look like an even better decision. The only true pros left are the beautiful ships and friendly staff, everything else is average to being a con, and that doesn't justify us spending our hard earned money. I'm sure they'll survive without us.

On the other hand you have Guy's Burgers on Carnival ships that put out AMAZING burgers at no extra charge! I would say they are the best burgers on a mainstream cruiseline! The Barbeque restaurant, also no cover, was EXCELLENT as well!

Mast grill is now extra cost just like the post dry dock change to Constellation.

On board the Equinox now- confirmed! These 'new' burgers may be Kobe beef- will double check on that. What's bizzare is that yesterday (embarkation day) there was no charge! I must have gotten the last free burger!

When I mentioned that yesterday it was free, I was simply told "Today is a new day!" Lol Also told tou can get the same burgers that were free yesterday in the Oceanview Cafe. I wouldn't let this ruin my vacation. The ship is great.

Follow up to my post above.

The 'new' burgers ARE Kobe Beef so MUCH better quality. Not saying this makes things right, just the way it is. Off to Oceanview Cafe to get the free burgers lol

If good burgers well worth it, I couldn't take the stuff they had before, it reminded me of my Navy days

Did tried the burger last week.It was good.Bet that was the last FREE burger I had at Mast Grill.

Yea all the good stuff been taken away,what left behind is the JUNK FREEBIE.

Celebrity going downhill.

Was in a suite on this cruise, the maitre de set up a group of SIX and one group of EIGHT at the front section of Luminae.It was like a fish market once these groups started conversation and laughter.

It totally lost the elegant feel of suite class restaurant.Out of seven nights I only dined in there three nights.

Very disappointed on this cruise.

we are booked on the Equinox for a B2B totalling 21 days in September...not happy at all to hear this!

no other line( that I know of) charges for their hamburgers-well, except RCCL Johnny Rockets....this is insane!

what about the fries? do they come with it or can you get these by themselves? and what do they cost?

very dissappointed.....

Marsha