Bringing food on board

Anet01

I know that there is wonderful food on board, but I would like to bring a pound of turkey and some bread I like onto the ship in a small cooler to place in the fridge. Is that allowed?

From the FAQ:

What can't I bring onboard?

Passenger is not allowed to bring on board the vessel any intoxicating liquors/beverages*, firearms, weapons of any kind, ammunition, explosive substances or any goods of a dangerous nature, nor animals of any kind, except service or guide animals, provided the passenger notifies Carrier prior to the cruise of his intention to bring such animal and agrees to take sole responsibility for any expense, damage, injuries or losses associated with or caused by such animal. *For more information read our FAQ "What about alcohol consumption and wine corkage?" Unsealed food items will not be allowed onboard.

Make sure your items are in sealed packages and you should be OK.

It's been mentioned here that the refrigerators in the cabins are not cold enough to store foods safely.

I have packed lunchables for my son because he's so picky along with his yogurts and they have been fine in their fridge. Done this on the Dawn, Star and Gem... Also 3 RCL ships.

Since the OP has had the question answered, I have a question about a carry on item. I carry a small pocket knife. The locking blade is less than 3".

I can always play it safe and leave it here on the farm, but it' my "jewelry". Is it legal to board with it?

Since the OP has had the question answered, I have a question about a carry on item. I carry a small pocket knife. The locking blade is less than 3".

I can always play it safe and leave it here on the farm, but it' my "jewelry". Is it legal to board with it?

They scanned and held my luggage for having a corkscrew with a 0.5" foil cutter on it. Once I broke off the little foil cutter, they allowed me to keep the 4" long corkscrew. Later that night we ate at Cagney's where I used their 8" steak knife to cut my ribeye.

They scanned and held my luggage for having a corkscrew with a 0.5" foil cutter on it. Once I broke off the little foil cutter, they allowed me to keep the 4" long corkscrew. Later that night we ate at Cagney's where I used their 8" steak knife to cut my ribeye.

I thought about using that argument if confiscation was threatened but I've had this knife for too long to risk it.

Always hoping.

My husband has a multi-tool he likes to carry that includes a small knife. He was allowed to bring it on board but was told that he shouldn't do it in the future. Personally I would leave it home just to be safe, especially if it has sentimental value.