Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina?

sailawaybellaluna

We did in Jan last year nice place. Very convenient for cruisers. There are a couple of good restaurants right down the street from the Hilton one right on the water 15th Street Fisheries. Which is literally right next door unfortunately there is a water way in between. You can take the water taxi which is to the left right out the front door of the hotel. Hop on hop off. Then it's a little bit of a hike about 4 blocks but if your driving it's very close is Kelly's Landing New England Seafood. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did in Jan last year nice place. Very convenient for cruisers. There are a couple of good restaurants right down the street from the Hilton one right on the water 15th Street Fisheries. Which is literally right next door unfortunately there is a water way in between. You can take the water taxi which is to the left right out the front door of the hotel. Hop on hop off. Then it's a little bit of a hike about 4 blocks but if your driving it's very close is Kelly's Landing New England Seafood. Enjoy!

Thanks for these great recommendations!!!

We just booked that hotel for Jan 2018 before our next cruise. Did notice lots of hotels sold out for Jan 2018 all ready...

How bizarre? I used Hilton points and booked my room for February about 9 months ago...But I called last night to request a room with a view, and she said it's likely because they're barely at half capacity? Now, I am staying a Wednesday night, so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it!

Thank you for all of your suggestions! Just made reservations at the Boatyard! :)

Love the Boatyard and love this hotel. Stayed there several times and will again in October. It's fun to go ride the water taxi, so if you can build in time to do that, go for it.

Save

Stayed there 2 times comfy beds and good shower. We've always gotten a room high up facing north in the tower. Great view of the pool, marina, Ft. Lauderdale and the Intercoastal.

The restaurant and tiki bar are rather pricy, last time we ate at a place called Quarterdeck off Cordova & 16th street.

I stayed there in November for a week for work, and loved that we had a view of the ships coming in early in the am (if you are facing south) and I gotta tell you, we ate at the hotel every nights. The Asian restaurant was phenomenal (ate there twice) and we ate at the tiki bar all the other evenings. If you like asian/sushi/noodle, etc. try NanKing. (I think that's the name). We were extremely pleasantly surprised!

Glad to see these recent positive comments, as we're booked there later this year.

Question about requesting a room location in the tower -- from what I read above, if you face south, you can see the ships arriving in the morning. But if you face north, do you have any view of the ships? Can you seem them docked from any of the tower rooms? (Never stayed there before, so I'm trying to get oriented in terms of where the hotel is vis-a-vis a view of the ships.)

Thanks!

What category of room do you need to book to have a view of the ships?

I would suggest you call and ask the hotel about the views so you can request that side of the hotel facing south and which floor levels you need. Then you still might be able to select that type room from online booking.

There are several different views from that hotel so you may need to be specific. The view can change also based on which floor you are on.

When I booked my room I booked direct thru the hotel website and was able to choose a bridge view room either lower or upper floor. There were also intracostal, marina view and pool view options. Each view option had a different price depending on the location.

I don't think other websites show these exact options when booking. I remember seeing pool view and marina view, but not specifically bridge view.

I requested South room so we could see the ships in the morning. There were six gals, three first time cruisers and four first time to Florida. We asked for connecting rooms or rooms next to each other. I booked 9 months in advance. Called several times to verify information was still in our reservation. Each time was told rooms not assigned till morning of arrival. At 3:30 Pacific time I called again and was told rooms had not been assigned yet, but they did have the notation in my booking. We arrived about 5pm to the hotel and was sooooo disappointed. We were only on the same floor. 12 doors away from each other. South room, eye level with the freeway. But we could see the ships when they came in. Room was tiny. We had 3 in each room. Very old rooms. Needs to be updated. This was January 2015.

There was a buffet offered for $20.00+, but we didn't want THAT much food. No option to not have the buffet. They had a Starbucks like coffee shop that sold breakfast sandwiches. But since so many cruisers staying at the hotel with the same thought, it took an hour to get our food. Although, we were warned when we ordered.

Easy to catch a taxi from there to cruise port. Grounds were fabulous to walk around. Lots of restaurants and a Publix within walking. Wallgrens close to pick up last minute suntan lotion.

Beds were doubles but comfy. But the rooms were too small.

When we checked out, I asked to talk to the manager and told him how disappointed I was. He told me I needed to have it notated on my reservation. Duh!! When I asked him to look up my reservation, he stumbled before saying I needed to call in the morning of arrival. I looked up at him in amazement and left quietly.

If you stay there make sure you request top floors. At least you may get a floor higher than the freeway.

For the price, I will stay somewhere else.

The Hilton Marina is very close to the port. If you are only staying one night prior to your cruise and want to see ships come in, then you will need to be up early. At another time, there probably won't be ships in port.

We prefer the other view as someone mentioned... pool, inland waterway etc. The small boat traffic is continuous and changing. You will want a tower room if you wish to be several floors up and they are, I think, the most pricey.

The poolside bar serves some nice stuff... my favorite is the chicken strips with mustard dipping sauce. The serving is enough for lunchtime or dinnertime. Besides the lobby breakfast bar (previously mentioned) there is a breakfast buffet in the Asian restaurant (also mentioned previously in this thread). The last time I checked a few years ago, it was about $20 per person and did not look very appetizing to me. Breakfast nearby on 17th Street at the Renaissance Hotel is a la carte. A few blocks further on there is an Einstein's bagel establishment which is not bad.

You can take a taxi easily to the port and the airport. They have a shuttle to the airport for about $18, but a cab is cheaper.

Bill

Edited by spearmint

When I booked my room I booked direct thru the hotel website and was able to choose a bridge view room either lower or upper floor. There were also intracostal, marina view and pool view options. Each view option had a different price depending on the location.

I don't think other websites show these exact options when booking. I remember seeing pool view and marina view, but not specifically bridge view.

Go for the bridge view if you can and the higher the better if your comfortable with that. You'll have a cool view of the draw bridge and some fancy yachts to see in the intracoastal water way and a view of your ship at the dock. On a side note I think this was mentioned in an earlier post, but find the time if you have it to take the water taxi a lot of hop-on hop-off options and good info about the landscape and area info. Enjoy your cruise.

Go for the bridge view if you can and the higher the better if your comfortable with that. You'll have a cool view of the draw bridge and some fancy yachts to see in the intracoastal water way and a view of your ship at the dock. On a side note I think this was mentioned in an earlier post, but find the time if you have it to take the water taxi a lot of hop-on hop-off options and good info about the landscape and area info. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks!

We do have a bridge view, lower level, but I have put in for an upgrade thru their website and also requested a high floor. So we shall see. I'll be happy with whatever we get.

We are staying 2 nights precruise so we have plans to spend the day prior to our cruise on the water taxi. It is one of our favorite things to do in FLL.

Sent from my D6708 using Forums mobile app