Incentive to Book Now for Holiday Cruise?

montrealroyalc

Looking to book Sun-Splashed Holiday cruise aboard Riviera departing on December 22nd, 2017 for 12 nights. The past 5 Holidays have been spent aboard Celebrity. It's our first time on Oceania and looking to book Veranda or higher stateroom. There is an incredible amount of staterooms remaining after reviewing inventory. Normally for a holiday cruise there would be a little more interest? Any particular reason, am I missing something? Any incentive to book now? Given that prices are inflated and Oceania will need to fill these cabins when can a price drop be expected? Opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I'll take a stab at this- I'm guessing this is a non Cuba sailing. Sales are brisk for Cuba itineraries and the rest of the Caribbean is same old same old for well traveled passengers.

Also families book a lot of seven day holiday cruises on the mass market lines. Oceania does not attract kids all that much but some will be on holiday cruises. A 12 day cruise won't work due to school schedules. Adults who get a Christmas week off will not be able to do a 12 day either.

If you want to do the cruise either book now or wait & see if any price drops that suit your budget

Typically Oceania does not drop prices too much & it may not happen until a few weeks prior to sailing by then the airfare will be higher unless you drive down then it is a moot point

My advice is book at a price that you feel comfortable with

There may still be space on the main stream lines if you wait too long for O's prices to drop

JMO

It seems to me that the point already made, that Oceania does not cater to children, is particularly applicable here. Also, note that Riviera's December 22nd sailing is Wait-listed for inside F and G cabins, Oceanview cabins, and all Suite categories. While there is inventory in the Veranda and Concierge categories, the B4 is listed as Guarantee. This leaves only B3 to A1 categories available. Since we don't know how many Veranda and Concierge guarantees are outstanding, I'd say that there is a good chance that not as much inventory is available as it seems.

High inventory in the mid-ship, mid-price categories, well into the middle of the booking season, is pretty common with Riviera for her Caribbean season. Shortly after final payments are due, that inventory just vaporizes. My guess is that it's highly unlikely that there will be a major price reduction with the only the limited cabins available. If you can stick the inventory and want a veranda level cabin, I'd book now.

By the way, several of the B3 cabins with extended verandas are still available for this cruise. I love these cabins and always book early to secure one.

gisnerd - We've decided not to book this cruise. When we did all the number crunching, it became a little too expensive, especially for my mom as a solo traveler.

Thank you for the B3 veranda cabin tip. Will keep that in mind for the future as we are definitely intrigued by Oceania's itineraries.