Maho Beach

Kroozen

Hello,

I am cruising on MSC in February, and I just have a few questions about Maho Beach.

1. Is a taxi the easiest way to get there from the pier? I'm not as concerned with price as I am with convenience. Will there be taxis available at the beach to get back to the pier?

2. What kinds of amenities are available at the beach? I know there are bars/restaurants, but are there bathroom/changing facilities? How about chair/umbrella rentals?

Thanks in advance :-)

You will enjoy Maho beach. We take a taxi there, and find they will return to pick up also. Amenities are scant, bring towels, you can hit the bar at the far end of the beach for food and drink... the waves at the beach can be a bit rough also- it's not a shallow beach so stay safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Beach is a circus!!! Didn't see anybody selling chairs. I went myself... just walked up to the taxi stands at end of pier talk to a guy with a white van he said if you can get eight people I'll do it for $10 each Way didn't take long to do that and off we went took about 45 minutes to get there and I got the taxi back just after the 2 o'clock KLM landed which is what I was waiting for and it was all good lots of traffic so be careful it was one of the highlights of my life - what a great bar!!! That's where changing rooms & all are as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maho is like going to Walmart on a weekend. We have a timeshare in Cole Bay, so we go to St Maarten a lot!

Pros: Very cool to see planes go right over the beach. There is a decent bar to the left. Amazing photo ops. You can get a cab in no time flat.

Cons: Enormous crowds. Loud because of aircraft. No place to hang out comfortably on the beach when the cruise ships are in.

In general, you have to go here, but in 15 minutes, it gets old.

Beaches we love near to the port:

Mullet (volleyball, sunsets, great ribs)

Cupecoy: High cliffs, private coves and nude sunbathing, but the farthest

Simpson Bay: White sand, awesome yacht watching

Oyster Bay: snorkeling from shore!