Princess "At Sea" Wedding Crown Princess 07/05/07 Sailing

My fiancée and I will be sailing on the 07/05/05 Crown Princess Cruise. We will be married “At Sea” by the captain.

We were wondering…

• Have you been married at sea? Or will you be married at sea?
  • What kind of room did you have? What ship?
  • Did you like the experience? How were the wedding coordinators?
  • What advice can you give us?
  • Where did you have reception?
  • How many guests?
  • Was Princess accommodating to your wedding?
  • How well was the ceremony done by the captain?

These are just a few questions… Just because we didn’t ask it, doesn’t mean we don’t want your input! If you have any suggestions about the “At Sea” wedding please by all means let us know!

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

We are actually planning a wedding on Crown Princess as well for April 2007 and we got the package for the wedding at sea. We booked a mini suite so hopefully it'll be nice. After the ceremony, we will be taking pictures, then some time to chat and drink. After we are having a reception dinner at Sabatino's and some dancing after that. I can't offer too much help since I am also in the planning stages, but I will be able to help after :)

We are actually planning a wedding on Crown Princess as well for April 2007 and we got the package for the wedding at sea. We booked a mini suite so hopefully it'll be nice. After the ceremony, we will be taking pictures, then some time to chat and drink. After we are having a reception dinner at Sabatino's and some dancing after that. I can't offer too much help since I am also in the planning stages, but I will be able to help after :)

Great! Mabye we could compare notes?

We were married on the Caribbean Princess and couldn't have been happier with the way it turned out. Have you gotten a chance to read some of the reviews? If not, I'll be happy to post a link to ours with pictures, it would answer most of your questions below, at least from the perspective of our experience.

Congrats!

Hi,

Here is my review with lots of info about our wedding. There are some links to pictures in the review, but the website below actually has more pictures.

Kadie

Review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=127580

Pictures:

http://web.mac.com/mikeandkadie/iWeb...ng%20Home.html

Wow... Lot's of stuff on that link! So everything but the Salon/Spa seemed to be great? That is what my finacee is freaking out about... And only $6K? How many guests? Thanks for the info!

Yes, everything was great. The people actually working in the salon were wonderful, but, the lady at the front desk who kept charging everyone for things I had prepaid for was the one I wasn't happy with. She did fix everything, but wasn't nearly as nice as everyone else onboard. So, overall we were pleased with the services received from the staff (yeah, their manicures aren't the best, but oh well), just not the lady who tallys the bills.

We had about 32 guests and felt like we had a wonderful 1st class wedding for a great price. (the prices have actually gone down for DJ (we paid almost 1K for 3 hours) so that's less now) We added A LOT of extras.

Don't hesitate to shoot me an e mail (click on email me from the website) if you or your fiance have specific questions.

What a great review! That was very helpful and your pics looked beautiful!

You mentioned that you brought your own wine with you and just paid a corkage fee, is that right? Who did you arrange that with?

We arranged the reservations in the dining room through The Wedding Experience and then arranged everything onboard with the Maitre'd (pick up, cork fee, etc.). On princess you can bring wine and champagne onboard with you, no problems, you just have to pay the cork fee for them to serve it. My parents live in CA so they brought 12 bottles of really nice wine and we only paid 120 in cork fees to have really great wine at the rehearsal dinner. Considering that was our only cost for the rehearsal dinner it wasn't a bad deal (we had it in the main dining room which is like a 5 star restaurant, but doesn't cost you anything).

Hi..... I am planning my wedding for next June on the Caribbean Princess. What I was wondering was more of a break down for the prices. Like how much did they charge for your meal at Sabatinis? I saw that they charged you about 1000 for the dj. But about what do they charge for the open bar and hor'devours that you had in skywalkers? We haven't booked yet, but are planning to do so in the next few weeks. Thank you for all your help!

Tricia-

Princess will actually send you a brochure that has all the price listing in it, if you call The Wedding Experience. I'm happy to tell you what we paid (in general, not sure how well my memory will serve me), however, keep in mind that these prices may have changed between then and now.

For Sabatini's we paid 20.00 per person. This is a standard cover charge for everyone that goes to Sabatinis so that probably hasn't changed. It includes gratuity.

For open bar it was 15.00 per hour per person (I think) plust gratuity.

For DJ it was 300.00 per hour (I know this has changed, gone way down I believe).

For our cake we paid around 350.00 plus the gratuity to serve it (HUGE cake).

For the pedals on the tables we paid 10 or 15 dollars per table.

For the arrangements on the tables we paid 50.00 per arrangement (I think).

For my bouquet upgrade we paid 50.00 (I think) and it almost doubled the size of the package bouquet.

I think that's it, in general. Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions, maybe you could find someone who has the current brochure (Cruising Wonder maybe), I really think that will help answer a lot of your questions as it lists the price for most extras - others not listed you have to get quotes from them on (like they custom cake, etc.).

Good Luck!

No problem, I just realized the link to our website was wrong.

http://web.mac.com/mikeandkadie/iWeb/Wedding/Wedding%20Home.html

Not sure why it shortened it in my previous post. Oh well, you could probably see the pictures from my review, the link above contains more pictures that I put on our website recently.

Good Luck!

Archived