ANOTHER Ben & Jerry's "Sweet" thread !!

We booked cabin # 6305 on Liberty of the Seas for Dec. 2015. I have read and reread different threads about the Ben & Jerry's Suite. I even called RCI directly but they didn't have a clue. C&A rep told me there are no perks at all except for the "moo" motif throughout the cabin.

Some folks reported no Consierge Lounge Access on Liberty, others claimed they had access. Some claimed the noise from the crew service door was hardly annoying yet others claimed it was so loud it prevented them from sleeping and they would never book this cabin again.

So, my fellow Cruise Critic pals. If you've been in this cabin, besides the daily free ice cream, what's the real deal? I thought it would be beneficial to get all the info on one thread.

Thanking you in advance.

Edited by BonTexasNY

Listed below is what my husband, my daughter & I have experienced on Liberty, Freedom, & Independence of the Seas, this letter is from the Concierge on Independence. My husband & daughter are both light sleepers, and neither had problems sleeping, there was not that much noise on any of our cruises.

As a Ben & Jerry’s Sweet guest you are offered exclusive amenities and services not available to other guests onboard Independence of the Seas. For your convenience, here is a brief summary of those services:

The perks offered in our sister ships are the same the same on Independence:

· Use of the Concierge Lounge located on Deck 10.

· Terry Robes for use onboard.

· Upgraded bathroom amenities.

· Continental breakfast served in the club daily from 7:00 am to 10:00 am.

· Hors d’oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup served in the Concierge Lounge every evening before and after dinner from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm.

· Daily menus displayed and pre-ordering for your dinner wine.

· Reservations for any of our specialty restaurants, sport activities, Explorations!, Salon and Spa appointments, etc.

· Arrangements for private parties, Free Movies

· Personalized Port & Shopping Guide advice.

· Business services such as faxes, copies, etc.

I hope this helps;)

We have the "sweet" and it's connecting room booked next summer on Freedom.

It really is a much sought after cabin. I didn't know about the continental breakfast perk. Sounds good for those mornings when we don't want a big breakfast or room service.

Enjoy your "sweet" next summer.

We booked the Ben & Jerrys "Suite" for an upcoming cruise as well. I sent a message to Royal Caribbean asking about the amenities and this is their response:

"The Ben & Jerry’s ® Sweet room will come with several amenities such as access to the Concierge Lounge on Deck 10 as well as an ice cream voucher for each guest. The vouchers are valid for seven visits."

We had suite access on IOS two years ago with our B&J Suite. Went once. Too small and stuffy fir us. Went back to Diamond lounge.

Love your username. We're "only" Platinum so the CL will have to do this time around. Nice when you have a choice. One day......

Here are the letters we received in the Independence of the Seas' "Sweet" last year:

Daghis, thank you so much for taking the time to copy the Concierge information in here!

LBumb, not sure who is more "accurate"; RCI Customer Service or IT Dept. ;):rolleyes:

Some folks reported no Consierge Lounge Access on Liberty, others claimed they had access. Some claimed the noise from the crew service door was hardly annoying yet others claimed it was so loud it prevented them from sleeping and they would never book this cabin again.

It was us with the loud banging door and having to fight to get access to the concierge lounge. The sky bridge across the promenade is also about 15 ft. away. Want to hear the band up close? 70s night is really cool when they are almost on your balcony! The promenade music is understandable and while annoying, was not our real issue. The damn door slamming shut night and day in B&J's was our real issue. A simple pneumatic door closer or an adjustment to the one possibly installed would fix this problem.

This was by far our worst cruise mostly due to this cabin but also some other service issues. I hope you enjoy your cruise and do not suffer the same problems we did. A cruise is miserable when you cannot get a restful night of sleep.

I would not think he door would be much of an issue during the night. Looks like the door would only be used when accessing the sky bridge for shows, etc.

If the door slams all night long, I'll sneak a post it note on it that says "please be considerate. Trying to sleep. Don't let the door slam" :eek:. Better yet, sinc we have 2 connecting rooms, we will let the kids have the cow room... They can sleep thru anything.

I would not think he door would be much of an issue during the night. Looks like the door would only be used when accessing the sky bridge for shows, etc.

If the door slams all night long, I'll sneak a post it note on it that says "please be considerate. Trying to sleep. Don't let the door slam" :eek:. Better yet, sinc we have 2 connecting rooms, we will let the kids have the cow room... They can sleep thru anything.

It's not the bridge door, it is the service door next to B&J. They did finally make an adjustment to the closer on our last night. This was on Freedom

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We usually get to bed way after all the music and action in the RP dies down so that isn't an issue. The banging of the service door might be an issue but so far quite a few have said it wasn't terrible. Maybe the door was fixed after Wayne's cruise. Wayne, sorry it was so terrible that it ruined your cruise. I would hate for that to happen to us also so we're crossing our fingers that won't be the case. I'm sure many have complained.. I sure hope so. The more complain the faster it will get resolved. If not, we might have to be "moooved" if they have an open cabin in the same category OR HIGHER :D I like maddog's idea of posting a note on the service door.

We usually get to bed way after all the music and action in the RP dies down so that isn't an issue. The banging of the service door might be an issue but so far quite a few have said it wasn't terrible. Maybe the door was fixed after Wayne's cruise. Wayne, sorry it was so terrible that it ruined your cruise. I would hate for that to happen to us also so we're crossing our fingers that won't be the case. I'm sure many have complained.. I sure hope so. The more complain the faster it will get resolved. If not, we might have to be "moooved" if they have an open cabin in the same category OR HIGHER :D I like maddog's idea of posting a note on the service door.

I ended up calling front desk every time the door banged on the last night. I also we to front desk and told them my plan. It was fixed in about 30 minutes

I ended up calling front desk every time the door banged on the last night. I also we to front desk and told them my plan. It was fixed in about 30 minutes

Why did you wait until the last night to complain? What was your plan??? I don't understand how it isn't fixed permanently if so many complain :( Even with all the positive feedback I've read thru the years, by now, I'm hoping for a price drop on a balcony cabin so that we can switch.

We booked cabin # 6305 on Liberty of the Seas for Dec. 2015. I have read and reread different threads about the Ben & Jerry's Suite. I even called RCI directly but they didn't have a clue. C&A rep told me there are no perks at all except for the "moo" motif throughout the cabin.

So, my fellow Cruise Critic pals. If you've been in this cabin, besides the daily free ice cream, what's the real deal? I thought it would be beneficial to get all the info on one thread.

Thanking you in advance.

We had this cabin in February and neither of us slept the 5 nights we were onboard because of the service door. I guess I am somewhat of a light sleeper, but FI is not, and even he said it was hard to sleep with all the noise from the door banging. The skybridge didn't really matter to us, as it is not used late at night, just the pesky service door!

We did get 5 free Ben & Jerry ice creams each and access to the concierge lounge. Since we are diamond, the concierge lounge wasn't really a perk and didn't make up for the sleepless nights we endured. If you do keep the room, look for the Jamaica cow, we found him in a gift shop in Falmouth and added him to the collection of cow trinkets on the shelves in the room.

Why did you wait until the last night to complain? What was your plan??? I don't understand how it isn't fixed permanently if so many complain :( Even with all the positive feedback I've read thru the years, by now, I'm hoping for a price drop on a balcony cabin so that we can switch.

Sorry if I was not clear. The "plan" was to constantly call front desk until someone fixed the door. Not sure why I waited so long, guess I don't complain that much. BTW, we also had an issue with the shower and it would flood bathroom from a drain vent under the toilet. We got a 25% FCC for that, nothing for noisy door. I believe the fix on the door is to adjust the closer. It either needs to be adjusted often or the crew feels it is more functional to close hard and they adjust it to their liking.

I appreciate everyone's input.

I'm getting a real bad feeling about this cabin now. :(

Sigh.

As I mentioned, we were in that cabin last year. I'm looking forward to being in it again next year (also on Independence of the Seas). It was a fun cabin and the perks were great!

My only complaint was the noise of our next door neighbors in the connecting cabin. It wasn't a fault of the cabin itself as much as it was they're (her) yelling so much.