Pride Refund

hikndog

• 2 weeks later...
Did you get full refund ? We did not ... Not good

Were you on the Dec 19th Star Pride sailing too? We received a full refund for the cruise fare plus taxes and fees. We did not receive a refund for our pre-purchased shore excursions. We ended up disputing the shore ex charge on the credit card because I couldn't get any answer from Windstar on when those refunds might happen and I wasn't inclined to float them a loan until they could be bothered to get their act together.

ChalupaMama - Thank you for posting Jillian Wilkstrom's email on CC. After weeks of silence from Windstar a direct appeal to this lady produced an immediate response.We have received the full refund of the cruise fare plus taxes and fees. We have been promised that the cruise credit will be notified by email but are still waiting. As regards our beverage package, admittedly partially used, we have been told 'Any on board amenities, like unlimited beverage packages, shore excursions, etc. are to be refunded from onboard accounts, which have not yet been processed by the Star Pride purser or our accounting department. Ho hum.

IMcG666 and slgantman - Did either of you have belongings that were still missing? They haven't been able to tell me what was found or even when they would have any idea what was found. I feel like 6 weeks should be more than plenty of time to be able to tell me if my stuff was found even if it takes a while longer to get it back to me.

IMcG666 and slgantman - Did either of you have belongings that were still missing? They haven't been able to tell me what was found or even when they would have any idea what was found. I feel like 6 weeks should be more than plenty of time to be able to tell me if my stuff was found even if it takes a while longer to get it back to me.

Yes we are missing a few items (including meds but that is a different story). My insurance company need confirmation from WS that they were informed of the loss before we can get paid out. Normal response from WS - silence.

On January 18th WS wrote 'Personal belongings that were not claimed have been mailed to Seattle, where I can sort and ship them to our guests. I am still waiting for the package to arrive. I have been told everything is sorted into laundry bags that have the cabin numbers on them, so it should be simple for me to identify what goes to who… I am planning on taking pictures of the belongings and asking for verification that the items are indeed sent to the proper owner. Please look for an email from me to come over the next few weeks about this…'

Perhaps 'Good things happen to those who wait' will in this instance come to pass!

Seems like your insurance is more flexible than mine if they only want confirmation that you notified Windstar. I wonder if an email read receipt would work for you? My insurance wants something in writing from Windstar stating that the items are lost and that Windstar will not be reimbursing me before they will pay out.

This past January we where going through the Panama canal and our ship the Regatta past the Windstar Pride empty of passengers what happened?

On December 22nd, Star Pride ran aground off the coast of Isla de Coiba, Panama. Passengers were offloaded onto Isla de Coiba and then eventually picked up by two other cruise ships in the area. As we were waiting on Isla de Coiba, we could see the ship listing more and more through the course of the day. We were told there were 5 holes in the ship's hull and that the engine room was taking on water. I'd say it was leaning about 10 degrees or so by the time we left. The Pride was eventually towed back to Balboa and later through the canal. Not sure exactly where it is now, but Windstar has cancelled cruises on Pride though June 9th now.