Budget Car/ Port Everglades

TACMS

We will be driving to Ft. Lauderdale and arriving the day of the cruise. Sailing on the Allure on Sunday 8/21. Has anyone dropped off a car rental at the Budget Rental located on 17th Street. Have you been able to hop on a shuttle to the ship easily? I believe it is right outside the port.

Originally I was renting a car from Avis but there doesn't seem to be one close to the port.

Any other suggestions?

I can't comment on that location specifically, but I had a really good experience with Budget at FLL airport. They put me in a nicer Camry with really low miles after I asked for an inexpensive upgrade.

If you haven't been to port everglades prior, it's really not far from the airport and if you need to take a taxi, it shouldn't cost much by any means.

Most rental offices don't offer shuttles, but perhaps if you're really nice to that closer location, they'll give you a ride there.

Edited by seannyice81

We rented from Budget at FLL on 1/15 for our cruise on the AOS. Returning the car was hassle free, just park anywhere in the lot in front of the office, On any given Sunday numerous cruisers are dropping off and picking up cars. There should be a Budget employee with a hand held computer to check you in (returning the car). He looks it over and hands you a receipt. They do have 2 shuttles, we waited 45 minutes for one. it was a little longer of a wait than we wanted but we still boarded the ship around noon.

We will be driving to Ft. Lauderdale and arriving the day of the cruise. Sailing on the Allure on Sunday 8/21. Has anyone dropped off a car rental at the Budget Rental located on 17th Street. Have you been able to hop on a shuttle to the ship easily? I believe it is right outside the port.

Originally I was renting a car from Avis but there doesn't seem to be one close to the port.

Any other suggestions?

Yes. Return to the port location and take the free shuttle

Any other suggestions?

Yes with no problem. One cruise we were renting a car there for the trip home. The office hadn't opened so instead of waiting for the shuttle, we just cabbed over for about $5. No problem.

Yes with no problem. One cruise we were renting a car there for the trip home. The office hadn't opened so instead of waiting for the shuttle, we just cabbed over for about $5. No problem.

Besides the shuttle from Budget, you can take a cab to the ship too?

The Avis dealer is on 17th street. I believe it's at the Hyatt hotel. I've dropped off cars there a couple of times and took their shuttle.

Hyatt Pier 66, and we've used it a couple of times too with good results.

We rented from Budget at FLL on 1/15 for our cruise on the AOS. Returning the car was hassle free, just park anywhere in the lot in front of the office, On any given Sunday numerous cruisers are dropping off and picking up cars. There should be a Budget employee with a hand held computer to check you in (returning the car). He looks it over and hands you a receipt. They do have 2 shuttles, we waited 45 minutes for one. it was a little longer of a wait than we wanted but we still boarded the ship around noon.

We've also used the Budget location on 17th Street....would I wait 45 min for a free shuttle = No...take a taxi ;)