Oct.Cruise in San Francisco--rainy?

I did look online, but wanted some firsthand info.:)

I have a family member who was just diagnosed with ALS-Lou Gehrig's Disease, and her time is short. :loudcry:

She wants a cruise to SF. I am already booked on another cruise and I can't take her until Oct.7, 2017. (I can't cancel my cruise. Involves other people, and she has many dr. appts the next few months).

I'm assuming it will be somewhat rainy, but how much rain?

I don't want her to fall during excursions, or to get sick, but there is no choice for the date. There isn't another option.

Patti

It could rain in early October, but the chances aren't huge.

Nobody is going to be able to tell you how much. We get brief showers, and we get deluges. And lots in between.

Thanks Bruce.

I figured that was the situation. I guess I can stop worrying and just roll with it. :D

Patti

In October you'll be here during Fleet Week. That's when the Navy sails in and let the boys n gals off for a week. (You're from San Diego, then you'll know what I mean.) There will also be ship tours. The highlight and finale is the air show including the Navy Blue Angels. One of the best places to see the Blue Angels will be right on board your cruise ship. The grand stand is a few miles west, but with all the crowds and traffic, top deck of your ship makes up for it.

http://fleetweeksf.org/

Late September and early October is our warmest time of the year, could reach up to the mid-80's. But then our natural air conditioning, fog, rolls in late afternoon to cool things off for the evening.

There's no telling the weather.

After 4 years of severe drought, Far Northern and Northern CA have experienced record breaking rainfall. Next year is anybody's guess.

The Disabled cruise board will have lots of info for you and your friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

October is not part of the historic rainy season in SF, which generally runs from Nov to April, although for the last few years it did not run at all. Can it rain, yes, will it rain, veery unlikely and if so very lightly. As noted above, Sept and October are the warmest months in the City, just ask any of us who grew up there. Fog and cool weather in the summer and just as school begins the wind blows out from the valley and heats us up. Remember 90+% of the schools were not air conditioned as who needed it in SF.