Help! Best Shore Excursions for Bermuda?!

Pandabear90

We booked Rising Son II catamaran two months prior to our cruise (which was last week). We had a group of 10 and it was difficult to find a slot for all of us - so book early!

RISING SON II catamaran excursion IS AMAZING! Captain takes you to a secluded cove where you can snorkel, paddle board, kayak and jump off the boat. Unlimited Rum swizzles on way back included in the price.

We booked directly on their website, not through the ship.

Weather in early May can be unpredictable, but if the weather is good enough for the beach, then I would suggest getting off the ship as soon as possible after it docks and hiring one of the blue-flagged taxis to take you on a tour, so that you can see all of the island. I think the tour usually last about 4-5 hours. After the tour, have the driver drop you off at Horseshoe Bay beach. There is a walking path that connects Horseshoe Bay beach with Warwick Long Bay beach, with some very picturesque coves in between. Some of the areas can be a little rocky, so make sure you have appropriate shoes. IMO Warwick LB's sand is more pink than HB. We did this in early May when the weather was not so good -- spitting rain most of the day -- and we still had a great time.

For the second day, you could revisit one of your favorites from the tour.

Weather in early May can be unpredictable, but if the weather is good enough for the beach, then I would suggest getting off the ship as soon as possible after it docks and hiring one of the blue-flagged taxis to take you on a tour, so that you can see all of the island. I think the tour usually last about 4-5 hours. After the tour, have the driver drop you off at Horseshoe Bay beach. There is a walking path that connects Horseshoe Bay beach with Warwick Long Bay beach, with some very picturesque coves in between. Some of the areas can be a little rocky, so make sure you have appropriate shoes. IMO Warwick LB's sand is more pink than HB. We did this in early May when the weather was not so good -- spitting rain most of the day -- and we still had a great time.

For the second day, you could revisit one of your favorites from the tour.

May is actually the least rainy month in Bermuda. You were just unlucky. The main problem with early May is the water temperature is cool. While some can hack it I personally can't swim at a Bermuda beach in early May. But the air temperature is pleasant. So not a bad time at all to do the walk between Warwick and Horseshoe Bay beaches as a scenic hike, even if one does not swim that day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk