Buying transportation tokes at Naval Dockyard

Dreamer68

Hi there,

Can recent visitors confirm if it is true that transportation tokens and multi-day passes are NOT available at the Visitors' Information Center at the Dockyard anymore?

I am traveling this weekend and was calculating our transportation costs and found the information here - https://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_000091.htm Move down to section "Where to buy passes, tickets and tokens in Bermuda".

The way our DIY shore excursions have been planned for our 3 day stop, it is not worth buying a one-day pass for each member of the family for each day. And....errr....where do I get "exact change in coins" for 2 adults, 2 kids? Can I stop at an American bank driving in from Canada and ask for $40 in quarters for the few times we are taking buses or ferries?

I know there were recent changes to what was being made available to tourists...and some changes reverted back to the old ways but I am now suitably confused about what is the most recent situation. :eek:

Thanks lots!!

I have always purchased a two day pass while at port for three days. I don't know what ship you were traveling on, but the excursion desk should have passes available. I travel through NCL Breakaway.

I believe a pass for an adult is $19.00 for a 1 day and $31.50 for 2 days. This allows you to take the ferry and bus as many times in a day or two consecutive days as you want. It is not worth getting a pass for the children because the fare for a child is only $2.75. You can also use US currency in Bermuda to pay to get on the ferry or bus.

I usually use the pass for the first two days and stay local for the last day.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have always purchased a two day pass while at port for three days. I don't know what ship you were traveling on, but the excursion desk should have passes available. I travel through NCL Breakaway.

I believe a pass for an adult is $19.00 for a 1 day and $31.50 for 2 days. This allows you to take the ferry and bus as many times in a day or two consecutive days as you want. It is not worth getting a pass for the children because the fare for a child is only $2.75. You can also use US currency in Bermuda to pay to get on the ferry or bus.

I usually use the pass for the first two days and stay local for the last day.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Actually, I am looking to buy tokens for our first day because our activities are situated close to the dockyard...only going as far as Somerset Village.... and if tokens cannot be bought at the dockyard on arrival day then, based on the website I linked, I need to have exact change for my family.....right?

Our main exploration day will be day 2 and I am fine getting a one-day pass for day 2 for each member of the family then. Day 3 is also no further than the Horseshoe bay area (one way there and back so one-day pass does not make sense to me).

Thanks lots!!

Day passes for children under, I believe, 15 were half price of an adult a couple of years ago and I think they still are. Have not traveled with children to Bermuda in a couple of years. Tokens are available at the Visitor centers at the Dockyard. They also have added 2 day passes since this year's cruise season has started. The original ruling was changed when everyone complained so much. There is a shuttle that runs to Horseshoe Bay Beach that is $7 each way but the token is only $4.50 each way for the public bus. The shuttle takes you to the bottom of the hill at the Beach and picks you up there. You have to catch the bus at the top of the hill. I would say tokens for day one and three and a one day pass for day 2, if you plan using the ferry to get to St. George and buses once your are in St. George, would meet your needs. If you are just using the ferry to get to St. George and using your feet to get around, tokens would work for that day also. They accept either cash or credit cards at the Visitor Centers when you purchase your tokens and passes.

Hi there,

Can recent visitors confirm if it is true that transportation tokens and multi-day passes are NOT available at the Visitors' Information Center at the Dockyard anymore?

We just got back from the Anthem 5-day Bermuda cruise and purchased tokens on Monday July 25th at the Dockyard VIC.

We just got back from the Anthem 5-day Bermuda cruise and purchased tokens on Monday July 25th at the Dockyard VIC.

Keasel,

Thanks a million for the update!! Note to self: Ditch the 20lb change purse!Phew!! We will get our tokens at the Dockyard VIC, then on our day of arrival. PS - how was Bermuda? :) Looking forward to our first visit.

Keasel,

Thanks a million for the update!! Note to self: Ditch the 20lb change purse!Phew!! We will get our tokens at the Dockyard VIC, then on our day of arrival. PS - how was Bermuda? :) Looking forward to our first visit.

Once you have experienced Bermuda, you will want to go back many times. It is a beautiful island and the people are very welcoming. It is clean and there is no poverty. Hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy using your tokens.

Thanks, flowers44!

I have read many, many comments from repeat guests to Bermuda. Obviously, it is an island that leaves an imprint in the hearts of those who visit. Thanks for confirming that we are most likely having a token, pass and token day, in that order. :) I am keeping my shuttle options open for the South Shore Beaches like Horseshoe Bay. Being conscious that I am being fed well for a whole week on a cruise, I figured the extra walk up and down the hill, by taking the bus, can only be good for the whole family. :D Hope the weather is good, for now the forecast includes some rain....

Rain in Bermuda usually only lasts a few minutes. They are fast passing tropical showers and rarely last the entire day. We have been to Bermuda 8 times on cruise ships and will be there again this August. As you stated, Bermuda imprints on your heart and it is almost impossible not to return.

Keasel,

Bermuda was beautiful. We've cruised there six out of the last eight years and enjoyed it every time. Convenient, safe and easy public transportation is great for DIY touring of the island.

The port webcam will help get you in the island mood.

http://www.portbermudawebcam.com

Just got back. Purchased tokens at dockyard on Wednesday, 7\27 They also had the one and two-day passes available at $19.00 and $31.00. There was no sign advertising 3day passes there so i assume that aren't available at that location. We used public busses to go from st. Georges to Hamilton on Weds night. That way we didn't have to rush through St Georges and tobacco bay in order to catch the ferry. Instead we stayed late. Bussed to Hamilton, did Harbor Nights and then took the ferry from Hamilton to dockyards.

We also uses the bus to come home from horseshoe bay. No problems at all with public transport.