MSC Magnifica

tammysmith

• 2 weeks later...

I booked it for that date, we are a family of 4, I'm treating it as a city break holiday and as it includes free drinks and wifi I'm sure we will have a good time [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The following implies that the experience onboard Magnifica will differ from that of a Med cruise as it'll be specifically geared to the UK market and tastes:

MSC Magnifica will be based in Southampton for a season in 2018 with a special British twist.

Not only will she be completing a season of Southampton sailings from April, but she’ll also be fitted out with a kettle in every cabin. And cruisers will have the chance to vote on the brand of kettle that they’d like to see in every cabin. The 2,500-passenger Magnifica will be sailing on a mix of Mediterranean and Northern European voyages based on the feedback of UK cruisers.

The ship has five gourmet restaurants, 12 bars and five different venues for youngsters as well as the MSC Aurea Spa.

The sailings will also offer special British touches such as roast dinners, afternoon tea, John Smith’s beer, a curry night, a full English breakfast, and various condiments like Marmite and HP Sauce.

The 22 sailing dates will also be all inclusive on drinks and wi-fi onboard.

Antonio Paradiso, MD of MSC Cruises for the UK & Ireland, said “We have carefully considered all the feedback from the UK market and have created a cruise package to suit the needs of British guests. In addition I have personally handpicked the itineraries based on my conversations with agents and hope that the bespoke itineraries, coupled with the fabulous all-inclusive beverage and Wi-Fi offer will create the perfect holiday experience for the British market.”

[emoji1360]thx for that [emoji3]

You're welcome. :)

We were on a 7 night Venice-Venice cruise on Magnifica last year. It was our first time on an MSC ship that wasn't Fantasia class. Magnifica is a Musica class ship and is smaller than what we were used to. It turned out to be one of the best cruises we've had. We loved the ship - the vibe, the layout; the Tiger bar where we spent every evening was packed to capacity and the entertainment was fantastic.

We will back onboard her (in the very same cabin if MSC doesn't move us LOL!) in a few weeks time and we can't wait.

Here's a link to her technical sheet:

http://www.mscpressarea.com/media/corporate-informationitems/attachments/msc-magnifica-technical-sheet.pdf

Thank you for all of that, we sailed MSC 5 years ago but since then we have been sailing on NCL as we totally love NCL, however they have gone "all inclusive" and as such the prices have gone up and we are a little bored of the intineries so decided to try MSC again, especially as the first language on board is now English ( doesn't bother us but it's easier for the kids in kids club) we have also booked MSC seaview out of Barcelona in August , so we will know by the end of next year if we like MSC [emoji3] A change is as good as a rest, so they say :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for your replies :D. We are now booked on the Magnifica on 2nd April 2018 and are really looking forward to it! It looks a beautiful ship and we can't wait. Here's to a fabulous cruise 🍾🍷🍸🍻🍹 xx

We sailed the MSC Magnifica on a 7 night cruise from Venice last October and loved every moment onboard. The atmosphere onboard is lovely. The ship is great. We sailed in a Balcony Fantastica. As Bea mentioned, the Tiger Bar is fantastic. Another lovely lounge is the Topazio Bar with live music. Here is a video from our cruise on the MSC Magnifica :) Have a great cruise.

[YOUTUBE]oP6CGhlJMvU[/YOUTUBE]

Another lovely lounge is the Topazio Bar with live music.

Hi NC .................. I've just had a look at the deck plans to see where Topazio is situated. I must check it out on our upcoming cruise in a few weeks time. The entertainment was so good in the Tiger lounge last year that we never tried out any of the other venues.

We're on for 9 nights on this one so we'll have a little more time to spend in the other bars/lounges. I've no memory of L'Ametista (the aft lounge). We usually enjoy the aft lounges on Fantasia class. Must give that one a look/see, too!

Hi NC .................. I've just had a look at the deck plans to see where Topazio is situated. I must check it out on our upcoming cruise in a few weeks time. The entertainment was so good in the Tiger lounge last year that we never tried out any of the other venues.

We're on for 9 nights on this one so we'll have a little more time to spend in the other bars/lounges. I've no memory of L'Ametista (the aft lounge). We usually enjoy the aft lounges on Fantasia class. Must give that one a look/see, too!

I've made a video for you of the bars and lounges onboard the MSC Magnifica, including the Topazio Bar and L'Ametista. Both of them lovely and the views of the wakes from the L'Ametista is great. :)

The Norwegians wish you a wonderful cruise :)

[YOUTUBE]onQ9Za3ZTyk[/YOUTUBE]