Docking in Cozumel

larry_s_taco

Does anyone know where the Carnival Fantasy will dock in Cozumel? We are going to be in Cozumel on Feb 22, 2018. We have been on other lines that docked right in the downtown strip area. The last time we saw ships docked out farther. Does anyone know how far the other dock is? Would it be walk-able if we docked at the father port?

Thanks,

Larry

Does anyone know where the Carnival Fantasy will dock in Cozumel? We are going to be in Cozumel on Feb 22, 2018. We have been on other lines that docked right in the downtown strip area. The last time we saw ships docked out farther. Does anyone know how far the other dock is? Would it be walk-able if we docked at the father port?

Thanks,

Larry

There are sites to check where the ships are probably going to dock but always subject to last minute changes. I usually use

http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/cozumelschedule2017.html

I am not sure the schedule is out yet for 2018. Currently Fantasy seems to dock at Puerta Maya, Carnival's main dock, which is one of two you can see south of town. It is approx. 2.5 miles depending on where you go to in town.

It is perfectly safe to walk it, (pedestrian walk-way all the way) with some en route bars, restaurants, convenience stores but whether you would want to walk it in the heat is up to you. I have done it evening/night. Some people walk one way, taxi back. Taxi fare about $10 for four people. Lots of passing taxis willing to stop, check fare before you get in.

Does Mayan Plaza have a lot to see and do, or is it just shopping al la Diamonds International, ect...

We didn't get to spend time there, but they have a facebook page and a website http://www.mayanplaza.mx. I think the fb page has more information. As you exit the port gate, cross the street, turn left and the plaza is just past the gas station. It was the meeting place for our jeep excursion.

:)

Pictures of Mayan plaza look like a typical open air US shopping mall in a Spanish architecture. As it's between TMM International and Puerta Maya, and has room for 24 stores/ restaurants and a whole bunch of kiosks/carretas, and the FB page toots up souvenirs, I'm going to say it's just an extension of cruise port shopping.