Mediterranean survey

Spudder

I just received an email survey from Carnival wanting feedback on different Med. itineraries from 7 to 12 days, with countries including Italy, Spain, Turkey, Greece, and Croatia. Getting ready for the Vista début I assume....

That would be great. I had been looking and dreaming about a Med. cruise for a few years and really do not want to go on a different cruise line. Just changed jobs and will probably have the extra money to cover the flights and a few extra days. Hope they decide to bring them back.

Hoping that CCL goes back to Med...we were on Breeze when she was launched in the Med....it was fabulous. Hope they switch up the itineraries from past CCL itins so that this ship visits different ports than the past Med cruises (like adding Greece, Istanbul etc into the mix). We wouldn't want to do anything less than 12 days either due to cost of flying overseas.

I would do less than a 12-day cruise for the right itinerary (including Portugal and something in Africa such as Casablanca or the Spanish cities that border Algeria).

However, with the options listed that I've seen, it would have to be a 12-day. We did the Mediterranean cruises on Sunshine that included Izmir (Turkey) and Athens, and both were great stops, so hopefully Carnival does include Turkey and Greek ports on more cruises.

Was able to get the survey (very well prepared), completed it and submitted. I was happy to see a diverse variety of "itinerary ideas" that are being "floated" right now but found it interesting that Venice was not included in any of them. Nevertheless I emphasized our interest in a 12+ day cruise with a heavy visits to Italy and Greece too.

Ciao & Opa!!

Sign me up! I was on the 5th sailing of the Magic in the Med in 2011. Wonderful cruise. Planning on the Med for our 30th during summer 2016. Hope the Vista will be available!

We weren't too far behind you, sailing from Barcelona in mid-July that year. Our previous Med cruise was a 4-night on Louis, which I absolutely loved.

And while I get the sentiment about wanting longer cruises to make it "worth it" for the flights, it does make me chuckle a bit. I'm guessing that the cost of air fare from the eastern seaboard to a Med port city is in the same ballpark as the cost from where we are in the PNW to, say, MIA.

I agree about that!!!! Istanbuls on our bucket list but the airfare there is really high.

Turkish Airlines from JFK-IST is usually reasonable. You can try looking for a separate ticket from your home airport to JFK, followed by the JFK-IST-JFK route. Keep in mind, you will have to go through baggage claim, possible change terminals and recheck your bags.

Edited by Disconnections

I did the survey as well. I selected the longer cruise days as my favorite 12+ and Istanbul.

Fyi the choice of ports to leave from were Rome, Athens and Barcelona

Did anyone note the pricing? It is not as reasonable as last year when I did a twelve day on the sunshine. In fact, I think it was pretty close to NCL. Sorry, I can't remember the exact pricing but remember thinking, wow..it has gone up!

I'm not a huge fan of one way itineraries because it requires more vacation time in order to see both cities before and after. If Vista could do an itinerary similar to what RCCL currently does with their 12 night Greece/Italy itinerary I would be all over it!

We'll just have to wait and see what they do decide and then if the itineraries fit what we want to see within our budget we will definitely book. My mom has already said that if they don't quite meet what we want to do then we should just spend our 2 weeks in Italy.