mariner aft cabin

Thanks for the reply. Actually my cabin would not be quite all the way aft but if you don't feel vibrtion where you are it must be OK.

Now that I have read of your entusiasim for a full aft cabin I will put it on the list for next time!

Sorry, but I must disagree about the aft cabins. We had 1688 (corner aft) on Mariner, and while the cabin was huge, there was noticeable vibration in this cabin. Privacy was also an issue on the aft balconies on decks 7, 8, and 9. We could look onto the outer third of these balconies. The inner two thirds was private, however. I know lots of folks who love these aft cabins, but we'll stick with our midship balconies from now on. Different strokes for different folks!

biilsgal - Please don't tell me that 1688 was noticeably vibrating! Was this just during docking, or all the time?

I agree about the privacy. We feel funny looking down on others as well. We have this stateroom booked because of the cost and size when we normally book a Cat. C. Did you have any privacy issues yourself while on the balcony?

Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

Lady_Di - we have 7692 booked for the 11/7 sailing. When are you planning on going?

Also, we have stayed in 7692 on the AOS and loved it (that's why we booked the same room on the upcoming MOS sailing), although the balcony IS NOT PRIVATE!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;11;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Mariner, here we come!

AOS 4/21/02 (awesome!)

family of 14 - I noticed the vibration whenever the ship was underway. I've never been bothered by the motion of the ship (even during very high seas on a transatlantic cruise), but the vibration was noticeable on the Mariner. As regards privacy on your balcony, you will have all the privacy you desire - the balcony is extremely private with a steel panel on one side, and a frosted glass panel on the other side. Please be aware that there is also a pole on the balcony which comes from above down to the balcony floor, and if you're not careful, you could be bumping your head. Also, there is a pole at the end of the bed, which my husband found annoying (it interferred with his TV watching from the prone position, LOL). This cabin is much larger than other D cabins, and very well laid out, so it is a good deal for a D category to get a C size stateroom. Enjoy!

Thank you! I knew all about the stateroom and both poles. You are just the first person that has complained about the vibrations.

Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

On our 7th cruise, we had corner aft cabin, 7388 on the Voyager in Nov. '03. Yes, there was vibration, more than the 'normal' vibration felt midship but honestly it didn't bother us at all. My kids, (their 4th cruise) were across the hall in an inside cabin and it didn't bother them either.

Our ship was behind schedule and it seemed the faster the ship went, the more vibration we got. At that point, it reminded me of being on a bus going over railroad tracks. When the ship went 'normal' speed, very little vibration was felt.

When we laid down to go to sleep, I thought the vibration was soothing. Although, I know it would have drove my mother NUTS. We were sooooo happy with those cabins that we rebooked the same thing on the Navigator for Nov. '04.

I would say if you're VERY sensitive to sound and motion the aft cabins may not be for you.

I assume this applies to all Voyager class ships? Will the vibration/motion be greater or less up higher? My daughter and I are booked in 9692 on VOS later this year. I am very sensative to noise at night..I can't even keep the ceiling fan on while I sleep. I'm starting to rethink the aft cabin decision. Any thoughts???

Dana

NCL Sea 4/99

NCL Star 11/01

NCL Sun 10/03

RCCL VOS 10/04

Archived