Grenada shopping away from Grand Anse

erpa

Hi - we will be in Grenada this November and it seems like a good place to shop for textiles. I have heard that there's a vendor's market at Grand Anse beach, but it sounds heavily geared to tourist trade/cruiseship passengers. Does anyone know of any other shopping areas not so touristy in or near St. George's? Any info would be appreciated!:D

We will be on the Sun Princess in March 2006 with a stop at Granada. I am a quilter and try to collect unusual fabric during my travels. I am still searching for more batik stores and possibly one of the factories on the islands. Some years ago I went on a quilting cruise and went to a batik factory on Dominica. One of the other islands has Carib Batik stores but I don't know if they have any factory tours.

Thanks again,

Norine

Rather than going to the Vendors Market why not visit some of the local shops around the market place, it is only a few minutes walk from the new cruise terminal.

If you are interested in batik there is a shop on Young Street where the work is done within the shop.

Archived