How do you get your land legs back after a cruise??

Trich64

After a cruise I always suffer trying to get my "land legs" back... feels like I'm rocking back forth. Are there any ideas out there how to aleviate this? Sometimes this can go on for a week...:rolleyes:

After a cruise I always suffer trying to get my "land legs" back... feels like I'm rocking back forth. Are there any ideas out there how to aleviate this? Sometimes this can go on for a week...:rolleyes:

Sounds like you suffer from Mal de Barquement Syndrome. I think it just has to run its course. I researched this a while back for my mom. Apparently over 90% of the known cases are women, mostly between 40 and 50 years of age.

Both my husband and I suffered badly from this after we had been on Splendour. However, we have never had it after sailing RC's bigger ships. We are due to sail Vision in September and it did cross my mind whether we would experience 'land legs' again as I believe Vision is about the same size as Splendour. It's such a very unpleasant feeling I'm hoping we don't!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Try taking Bonine for a few days. I have a lot of motion problems & need to take meds before, during & after we cruise.

I do the same thing... I start taking it the day before flying out and then stop a day or two after back on land, or until I stop feeling that way.

(After my first cruise, it lasted for like 3 weeks and I had no idea what was wrong with me)

Try taking Bonine for a few days. I have a lot of motion problems & need to take meds before, during & after we cruise.

I am also a proponent of this solution. I have this after every cruise - not fun while you are trying to stare at a computer screen and work (but well worth the cruise).

:)

Enjoy it while it lasts. It reminds me of the cruise. :D

Me too. The longer it lasts the better. My bedroom is a similar layout to a balcony cabin with the bed next to a big patio door. I close my eyes and I'm back on board ... I sleep well for weeks after a cruise.

I want this problem also... I get home and it's right back to reality. Instead of waves crashing, I hear the sound of bells rolling all over the floor as my foster kittens or my own cats pay us back for being away.

My Granddaughter had a severe case of vertigo recently, after taking her first cruise. The best thing I've found is Meclizine. It's the same ingredient in Bonine, but a lot cheaper. You can buy a 100 tablet bottle, for around $6.00 at Walmart, Target, etc. Good to keep on hand.

Fortunately I never lose my land legs.:)