Never too old!

Musicus

Egon sent Pat a pps format slideshow called "The Beauty of the Night".

I can't post the pps but I think this is the same thing on YouTube.

touching... my favorite song, too. Thanks for posting it.

Pat, have a wonderful time!

Edited by Just4You

Here is another interesting blog by a multi-millionaire who is on another world cruise on Amsterdam. Fantastic pics! We can at least dream, can't we?

http://amazingvoyages2.blogspot.com/

It was confusing until I realized you have to start at the bottom and read UP. Kind of crazy the way it's set up, but the pictures are great. Looking at his picture makes my skin hurt (gasp:eek:!)...the sun damage from all the tanning!! It reminds me of a leather belt I own.

It was confusing until I realized you have to start at the bottom and read UP. Kind of crazy the way it's set up, but the pictures are great. Looking at his picture makes my skin hurt (gasp:eek:!)...the sun damage from all the tanning!! It reminds me of a leather belt I own.

Looking at this picture:

a7%2B%2528Small%2529-763508.jpg

would make me wonder what the heck it was. I'll settle for my Windjammer buffet instead....This looks NASTY! Not so sure our Egon would eat it either! LOL...I'll have to ask him and get his reply.

Edited by yellowbird23

Looking at this picture:

a7%2B%2528Small%2529-763508.jpg

would make me wonder what the heck it was. I'll settle for my Windjammer buffet instead....This looks NASTY! Not so sure our Egon would eat it either! LOL...I'll have to ask him and get his reply.

It doesn't look too appetizing. Oh well... to each his own

But it does match perfectly with the rim on the plate. :p

Anyone know what it is?

Maybe it is kind of like durian, which. "smells like Hell but taste like Heaven."

In this case you just replace "smells like" with "looks like."

I heard from Egon today:

I am working on the Swiss deal, but this is really very much complicated. Only the fact that I had sold everything two years ago (except 30 cartons of personal effect in storage), makes it at all possible, but the logistics of the move looms large. We'll see what happens, and where the guide takes me!

I am attaching photographs of myself.

Egon

I do hope he makes it to Switzerland! I can't attach the photos and videos from here since I'm at work but will do it Monday (most of the photos and the 1 video were already on this site, but he attached a more recent picture of himself with his son, Steve.

I believe he really likes to hear from us, after all, he is a natural communicator who braved the rain and potholes to get to a WiFi area to keep us updated on his experience when he was on the cruise ship. Even if he lost his ability to speak fluenty, he can still write!

Pat, how was your cruise? Get some R&R? How is your Steve doing??

Karen

It was the wrong one Karen. Egon wasn't on it. I came through the atrium one evening and a violinist and pianist were playing. Wonderful, wonderful music. I sort of imagined what it would have been like to have Egon at the keyboard.

Next to me was an elderly couple with an adult child in a big stroller. I stood there watching her sway to the beautiful music and actually started crying because it was so touching. The violinist then played a sad song and this young girl stopped swaying and you could see it disturbed her very much. Her facial expression told it all. I will never forget that look, never! It just goes to say how much music can touch each and every one of us and to know that I know a very fine 95 year old gentleman who has touched all of us this very same way is just wonderful. None of us want to hear a sad note coming from him EVER.

I "spoke" to him this evening and he seems in very good spirits, as he always does. He makes me appreciate life as it is, not the way I want it to be necessarily.

As for my Steve, he completed about 2 weeks in rehab up in Jacksonville, FL, and just last Friday returned to his mother and father's house to finish rehabbing at home. It will still take quite a while, as he has some coping issues, as well as recuperation from his physical injuries.

Thanks for asking Karen. Hope your week was a good one too.

P.S. Muster was done with black clouds and lightening in the foreground. Couldn't wait for it to get over with. The clouds opened up immediately upon finishing the drill.

Hi Pat,

Welcome home. Glad to hear the rain held off until Muster was over. As you said, regarding the handicapped girl, music is an influence in all of our lives. Will continue with positive thoughts and prayers for a complete recovery for your Steve.

Gail

I am back from my cruise and am letting Just4You take over if that's okay. I will let Egon know as well.

Pat, please continue to share any emails from Egon and I will do the same! I don't think anyone should "take over," since many of us communicate with him via email. I will be happy to share what I get in the way of emails or pictures.

That was a touching story of the power of music on your cruise. You have a wonderful writing style and I would like to hear more of your cruise experience. If you write a review, please give us the link.

Here's the latest from our dearest Egon:

Dearest Karie.

Maybe, I think the if you drew a straight line up north of you, you would get to North Bay, Ontario. This being the case, it would facilitate your mentally thinking of me, like the fly on you hand - but I am not so easily satisfied! [i live near Houston, Tx]

While i am acutely aware of the brain's learning ability, I am suspicious that a it has its age related limits. However I am ploughing along.

I think that I have to forego dream of spending the rest of my life in Bern,there are just too many difficulties. To start with, it takes about 4 months to get the visa for living in Switzerland, and I have an address in Bern where I am going the live, then th,ere is always a waiting time for assisted living, plus the logistics of the whole move including medical insurance - coupled with my present affliction which prevents me from communicate properly and a not so spry condition - let reason prevail!

I send you love - Egon

Pat, please continue to share any emails from Egon and I will do the same! I don't think anyone should "take over," since many of us communicate with him via email. I will be happy to share what I get in the way of emails or pictures.

That was a touching story of the power of music on your cruise. You have a wonderful writing style and I would like to hear more of your cruise experience. If you write a review, please give us the link.

Here's the latest from our dearest Egon:

Dearest Karie.

Maybe, I think the if you drew a straight line up north of you, you would get to North Bay, Ontario. This being the case, it would facilitate your mentally thinking of me, like the fly on you hand - but I am not so easily satisfied! [i live near Houston, Tx]

While i am acutely aware of the brain's learning ability, I am suspicious that a it has its age related limits. However I am ploughing along.

I think that I have to forego dream of spending the rest of my life in Bern,there are just too many difficulties. To start with, it takes about 4 months to get the visa for living in Switzerland, and I have an address in Bern where I am going the live, then th,ere is always a waiting time for assisted living, plus the logistics of the whole move including medical insurance - coupled with my present affliction which prevents me from communicate properly and a not so spry condition - let reason prevail!

I send you love - Egon

Wrong choice of words. What I meant by them is that since we get similar e-mails you can submit what you have, i'll compare and submit anything I get differently (if suitable, that is...lol).

Thanks for the kind remark. I love to write and tried to start a review of all of Egon's submissions here to bunch it into one "story". It would take some time, but it could be done.

Sad that his condition is what it is, but I guess we all have to truly slow down once in a while, don't we? I am old enough to be a daughter, but if I could be half as energetic as he, that would suffice.

What a man! What a man!

Wrong choice of words. What I meant by them is that since we get similar e-mails you can submit what you have, i'll compare and submit anything I get differently (if suitable, that is...lol).

Glad to hear you will continue on this blog. Besides Egon, it was also because of you that I kept reading!

Suitable is right... he's quite the character with a great sense of humor! Wish there were more Egons in the world. I should be getting another email from him in the next day or two.

From Egon (regarding moving to Switzerland, which requires having a residence there while waiting for a visa to live there permanently):

Lots of Canadians escape the Winter months, those on the east usually wind up in Florida and Texas, those in the west, Arizona and California. We had ground frost last night, but today's temperature is maybe 55F in bright sunshine. The trees have mostly shed their leaves, which covers lawns like a carpet, after a display of colours which is a delight to see.

Since such a limited number of apartments is available (3 in all) a decision has to been made promptly. With the Consulate requiring where you are going to live, the only way that can be accomplished is by renting for 3 month ($ 5400) but not living in the apartment because they would require the visa (IF they accept this). I would have to stay in Canada hoping that the visa comes through and then travel to Switzerland, in the middle of winter, stay somewhere while I furnish the apartment - in my present condition it looms entirely too large an undertaking. It seems very prudent to not trying to battle the issue, particularly if there are other viable opportunities.

This is our Thanksgiving weekend, and we are invited by Joyce's

daughter, and I have to get ready.

I send my love!

Egon

From Egon (regarding moving to Switzerland, which requires having a residence there while waiting for a visa to live there permanently):

Lots of Canadians escape the Winter months, those on the east usually wind up in Florida and Texas, those in the west, Arizona and California. We had ground frost last night, but today's temperature is maybe 55F in bright sunshine. The trees have mostly shed their leaves, which covers lawns like a carpet, after a display of colours which is a delight to see.

Since such a limited number of apartments is available (3 in all) a decision has to been made promptly. With the Consulate requiring where you are going to live, the only way that can be accomplished is by renting for 3 month ($ 5400) but not living in the apartment because they would require the visa (IF they accept this). I would have to stay in Canada hoping that the visa comes through and then travel to Switzerland, in the middle of winter, stay somewhere while I furnish the apartment - in my present condition it looms entirely too large an undertaking. It seems very prudent to not trying to battle the issue, particularly if there are other viable opportunities.

This is our Thanksgiving weekend, and we are invited by Joyce's

daughter, and I have to get ready.

I send my love!

Egon

Hope you had a wonderful weekend Egon! Stay warm up there (like your heart)....:)