Breakaway Shows and Times....Rate them please!

dongordon

If you have been on the Breakaway, please tell me the times of the major shows and rate them from 1 to 10 (with 10 being the highest rating... can't miss!)

Comments appreciated. :)

When can you start booking them online?

Thanks.

Don

You can book them 55 days in advance if you're in a suite and 45 days in advance for all other cabins.

You'll get a wide range of answers about the shows. With Rock of Ages you either love it or hate it. I didn't care for it, not that I thought it was offensive like other cruises, but it just was not my kind of show.

I thought Burn the Floor was pretty fun, lots of dancing and live singing.

I didn't go to Cirque so I cannot comment on that.

We enjoyed Rock of Ages. DH is not a show person, but he enjoyed that one. As it says in all the written material, the show has adult content. children and sensitive sorts should not attend. I agree it may be a love it or hate it situation.

Burn the Floor is a very energetic dance show. impressive, especially if you like dance shows.

The comedy club has second city improv troops. Those shows vary by troop and by audience suggestions. we enjoyed it.

we did not see the magician/comedian nor Cirque.

there are also multiple talented musicians around the ship. Performers may vary depending when you sail.

Show times may vary by itinerary. You can prebook on line as noted above. Do it early for the best selection of times. If not, you can make reservation when you board. or you can go standby.

Here is my rating for what we saw:

Rock of Ages - 10+

Second City - 7

Slam Allen - 7

Burn the Floor - 6

Michael Finney - 5

I completely agree with you - except I did not see Slam Allen (just not into his style of music). And for me add Howl at the Moon with a 7.

Seriously, Rock of Ages is the best show I have ever seen on a cruise ship. Book it as early in your cruise as possible, you may want to see it again (like I did).

Rock of Ages -4 Didn't love it, didn't hate it. Stayed to the end but wouldn't go again.

Slam Allen - 10 I don't care what his style of music is, it sounds great to me. I have heard more than once from people who didn't go because they don't like Blues or Jazz that heard a bit of his show as they passed, went in and loved it.

Howl at the Moon -10 Although I would have rated it a lot lower on the Epic, so it does seem to depend on the crew who are on.

Second City - 2 Stayed for about 15 minutes. Some say you need to be American to appreciate it. I also have never seen improv that made me laugh so it was never destined to work for me I suppose.

I don't think they are still onboard, but I also saw Graffiti Classics, which I'd give a 7. A fun way to spend an hour.

Rock of Ages - 10 (I've never enjoyed a show more!)

Slam Allen - 10 (Loved him on the Epic and he's just as good...caught his show several times.)

Cirque Dreams - 8 (liked it better than the show on the Epic)

That's all we saw. We've seen Second City enough on other ships. Howl at the Moon doesn't appeal to us (have tried it in many venues). Blew off Burn the Floor and glad we did based on what we heard about it.

Slam Allen is the best and I am not a fan of jazz or the blues. He relates to the audience and is a wonderful entertainer. Howl at the Moon was good and it worth spending time there. The comedian was poor. I didn't care for Rock of Ages. The Cirque show is fantastic. The game shows are all fun but not enough seating. Burn the Floor is high energy and entertaining.

Thank you all for your input.

Rock of Ages (love the music!), Cirque and Slam Allen (if he is still on in January) seems to be a must for me.

I like dancing as well, so Burn the Floor should be something that I would book.

For some reason, I have always been somewhat disappointed in Second City on all my cruises.

Which of the shows require an additional fee?

Don

The Cirque style show is an additional $39 to $59.

Second City Lunch and Character Breakfast are each an additional $20.

I believe that these are the only entertainment of any major cruise line that comes with an additional fee. I do not encourage supporting this troubling new idea.

Archived