St Maarten

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Disabled Cruise Travel
Cruisers with physical limitations share their advice & experiences.
Cruise Critic Disabled Cruise Resources
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:44 AM.
Westland, MI
1,365 Posts
Joined Oct 2002
What is there to do in St Maarten's that is wheelchair accessible?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Crown Princess 2/6/10 Western Caribbean
Crown Princess 2/8/09 Eastern Caribbean
Caribbean Princess 2/06 Eastern Caribbean
Star Princess - 2/05 Eastern Caribbean
Star Princess 7/03 Alaska
Hickory, NC USA
3,268 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
If you can transfer to a taxi, I would recommend the butterfly farm and the zoo. The zoo was a very nice surprise with a good variety of animals from the caribbean and south and central american countries that touch the caribbean. I really enjoyed the bat display. We got there at feeding time - the bats really loved the bananas they were given. These are both outside activities so if you are heat intolerant they would not be good. There was access to both of these if the transportation issues could be worked out.
Washington DC
2,287 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
I agree with the recommendation of the butterfly farm, as the paths were pretty easy to navigate. I didn't spend a whole lot of time in Marigot but I did think the streets there were a little crazy - the drivers were all over the place! It made me nervous when I crossed the street.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature