How is Voom on Grandeur now?

I know they rolled it out fleet wide. I'm hoping to hear from someone that has used it recently. I just want to be able to text and check email because we are leaving the kids home this time. Surf vs surf n stream?

I know they rolled it out fleet wide. I'm hoping to hear from someone that has used it recently. I just want to be able to text and check email because we are leaving the kids home this time. Surf vs surf n stream?

I am going July 30--- I have been reading it is pretty good now!

I bought the upgraded Voom package in May while on Grandeur. I saw no improvement with Internet usage (I was also onboard in March.) If you only want to keep in touch via email, my suggestion would be to buy only the surf package. Katherine

We were on GR last week to King's Wharf. Best internet we ever had!

Rick and Deirdra

Good. Hope it has improved. When I mentioned to Guest Services (in May) that I saw no difference from the old system to Voom, I was told that "it is new, we are still working on it". Will be glad to check it out in September. Katherine

I'm not looking for anything grand. Actually it would be better if it sucks because then I will stay off my phone. I'm just looking to be able to be in touch with my kids and our parents "just in case". I plan to even wear a watch and leave my phone in my cabin. [emoji15]

No.... internet on the Freedom last summer SUCKED! :D:eek:

Totally agree grandeur was slightly better and cheaper for 9 nights compared to 7 nights on freedom but it did the job was able to text home and call using Facebook messenger

I'm not looking for anything grand. Actually it would be better if it sucks because then I will stay off my phone. I'm just looking to be able to be in touch with my kids and our parents "just in case". I plan to even wear a watch and leave my phone in my cabin. [emoji15]

The internet experience depends on one's usage pattern. For e-mail, WiFi texting, simple Youtube videos it works OK, but try something real time interactive (Facetime), and you will be very disappointed.

• 4 weeks later...

i'm on her for the five night voyage to Bermuda last week in August and I already prepaid for the S & S package as I like to stay connected AND I have to connect/call in via FB messenger for my 3 hour fantasy football draft on night four.

Sounds like I should be ok.

I am using the GR wifi for this posting. It is OK at best. I had trouble getting on at all today--but, finally managed. I was walking by guest services and a women was giving them an earful because she paid a lot of money and was not getting very good reception.

I was on GR in April/May before they got "VOOM." I do not notice any difference.

I am using the GR wifi for this posting. It is OK at best. I had trouble getting on at all today--but, finally managed. I was walking by guest services and a women was giving them an earful because she paid a lot of money and was not getting very good reception.

I was on GR in April/May before they got "VOOM." I do not notice any difference.

Thanks for the info.

If you have a chance, please run do a speedtest.net check.

Is there any info from Royal on what the difference between the 2 packages is? Or is it just speed?

Nothing specific from the cruise line.

However, helpful cruisers have provided speedtest numbers on the different packages and for the ships with decent speed, the stream is significantly faster than surf.

my last cruise on another line was the last week in march and on that cruise I had my fantasy baseball draft......I need to plan my cruises when I DON'T have these things to do!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I never noticed they had 2 different speeds before. The faster of the 2 looks a bit overpriced but the slower one seems to be reasonable with the 30% discount. Assuming of course it will connect to apps.

Also, is the 30% off a limited time thing?

I never noticed they had 2 different speeds before. The faster of the 2 looks a bit overpriced but the slower one seems to be reasonable with the 30% discount. Assuming of course it will connect to apps.

Also, is the 30% off a limited time thing?

No way to know for sure, but my guess is that it's temporary.

I prepaid yesterday for my sailing in late August

It was 62.50 all in for the S&S for a five night voyage with that discount

Not sure if there's a deadline

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The above numbers confirm what had been reported on non O3B ships in that SURF is limited to.5 MBs while STREAM can be up to 4 MBs down. But, for either package the latency ruins most interactive apps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app