WW 2 Pacific Theater

dillonsmimi

My DH is an avid history buff with his main interest being the ships and battles of WW 2.

I have done a bit of research with the result being guided tours of 17 (average) days with the price tag of around 10k pp.

A bit over our budget.

Can anyone steer me to a cruise line, preferably Pacific based, that I could use to piece together some sort of history rich vacation?

A few years ago one of the cruise lines did a Islands of ww2 . I think it started in at Sanfransico and went to Hawaii and then 10 major battle islands and ended in Japan 18 day cruise . I really regret not doing that. Its the only one ive seen. The ship was full so I couldnt get a room so Im surprised no one has done another . Id do it CARL

• 1 year later...

I assume you've looked at www.miltours.com and that's one of the places that's too expensive? Their site seems to be down tonight.

I would be interested in that too -- my father-in-law teaches in that area, and we're all interested.

I know when we did a local tour on Oahu they mentioned that the veterans were getting too old to travel with their families and so business was down.

A few years ago one of the cruise lines did a Islands of ww2 . I think it started in at Sanfransico and went to Hawaii and then 10 major battle islands and ended in Japan 18 day cruise . I really regret not doing that. Its the only one ive seen. The ship was full so I couldnt get a room so Im surprised no one has done another . Id do it CARL

It was a Princess cruise called The Islands of the Pacific Theater. Started in Hawaii and ended in Japan. Reasonably priced but I haven't seen it offered in at least five years, maybe more. I would jump on it if offered again.

Archived