Would you do Chef's Table on your anniversary?

Dazzies

My husband and I and our 4 kids (blended family) will be on the Sensation in about a month, and we'll celebrate our 5-year anniversary during the cruise. There are no specialty restaurants on Sensation. I've read many good things about the Chef's Table experience, and I think my husband and I would enjoy it. Some posts I've read lead me to think that the day they might have Chef's Table on our sailing could be our anniversary. We enjoy meeting new people, but with 4 kids, we like to have our special nights when we can get them! Will it feel like we are on a date with 10 of our closest friends? ;) Would you do it?

On the Miracle last month we were sat next to our partners. It was an amazing food experience and we enjoyed our dinner mates.

Only you can decide if its romantic enough for an anniversary, but if the only alternative is the main dining room with the kids it doesn't sound like you are going to get to be alone for dinner anyway.

My husband and I and our 4 kids (blended family) will be on the Sensation in about a month, and we'll celebrate our 5-year anniversary during the cruise. There are no specialty restaurants on Sensation. I've read many good things about the Chef's Table experience, and I think my husband and I would enjoy it. Some posts I've read lead me to think that the day they might have Chef's Table on our sailing could be our anniversary. We enjoy meeting new people, but with 4 kids, we like to have our special nights when we can get them! Will it feel like we are on a date with 10 of our closest friends? ;) Would you do it?

We r doing our 44th anniv. next week on Triumph, best $150 for 3-4 hours of great food, wine, & champagne u will ever spend. I am a type A so I visit with ALL!

Edited by texast518

We will be on the Breeze during our anniversary in April. We are scheduled for the Chef's table that week. I only hope it comes on the very night but if not no biggie, it will be that week.

Heck I'd do the chef's table for your anniversary Dazzies, and would raise a toast to you and your spouse, any excuse for a dining experience is an opportunity well taken!!!

ABSOLUTELY!! We did the Chef's table for the first time during our Christmas cruise aboard the Dream. WONDFERFUL!! This was my BFs surprised Christmas gift. WORTH EVERY PENNY! HE LOVED IT!! I sat next to my BF. It was incredible. The Chef is so personable and makes you feel like you're over to his house for a dinner party. Although it was 12 people and we were in the galley it was still very intimate and warming. Every couple basically had their own waiter/waitress serving them each course, refilling wine, soda, water, etc. The staff was attentive and went above and beyond. I highly recommend it. I have now added it to my must do's list each cruise.

We've done the Chef's Table a few times and really enjoyed the experience. I highly recommend it. However, one small down side you might want to consider is that when the meal is over you may feel VERY stuffed. We always have. So if you plan on partying and dancing the night away afterwards, you may still feel very full.

I hope that helps some. Tim

How much and how do you reserve this?

$75/per person. I believe you reserve it through the steakhouse, however our ship doesn't have a steakhouse so I'm going to try the maître d.

Thanks for the responses, Everyone. I don't think I have heard anything less than glowing reviews for this experience so we will do it if we can get in!

The Chef's Table is the best dining experience on the ship, IMO, but there will be a dozen of you at one table. You'd be sitting across from your spouse. If you'd prefer something more intimate, do the Steakhouse.

There is no steakhouse on that ship.

That's a pretty pricey meal for 6 people, 4 of whom won't get anything out of it, and quite possibly reject the offering. The price is inflated due to the free flowing wine.

I think that is a matter of personal preference. If it were me, I would try to find a more intimate setting to celebrate an anniversary, especially if having 4 kids around most of the time is the norm. But if that isn't important to you, then you might find the Chef's Table setting an enjoyable way to celebrate.

It's wonderful!! We did it on our honeymoon. I sat right next to my husband and it was such a great experience. The service is outstanding... They do everything they can to ensure it is a fabulous night. That free flowing wine is a perk too ;)

Absolutely without a doubt!!!! The chefs table was the highlight of our cruise in December on the fantasy. It was hands down the best food I've ever had. And I've travelled a lot! We booked another cruise on the sunshine for this coming December, and the first thing I did after booking was book the chefs table!! Let me know if you want to see a peek of the menu. They print one out for you and I've taken a picture of it to show others :)

Edited by love2traveljen

I would do Chef's Table for sure. It is worth every penny - one of the best meals I've had anywhere and would cost at least $150 apiece in a shoreside restaurant of comparable quality. A true "occasion" experience.

Assuming you can arrange for camp Carnival if I understand you are with 4 kids on this trip...I think it is a perfect way to have couple time and still obviously sharing this trip and occasion with your family...wonderful...

Or perhaps all the family is old enough to go...also wonderful...