Galapagos in July/August?

Luvs2trvl

• 2 weeks later...

I went in December and think that hot weather and/or the rainy season would be a major issue. The "hikes" aren't long in length, but are in time - and little shade, and lots of dark rocks, and if there's not a breeze... well, it would be uncomfortable. We had garua (light rain) one day in Santa Cruz, and I didn't like that either. We lucked out with perfect weather during the first week in December, and I remember feeling grateful for it. Our guides commented that some of the trails are very, very hot in the Galapagos summer months.

• 1 month later...

It is true that we were lucky and did the Galapagos in April. However, the experience is so fantastic that I would do it again any time of the year.

Keep in mind that the shore excursions are in the early morning hours and then again about four pm. So during the heat of the day you are aboard the air conditioned ship.

If you want to see more about the trip, ship, etc. you might have a look at:

http://www.*****.com/Galapagos.html

• 10 months later...
It is true that we were lucky and did the Galapagos in April. However, the experience is so fantastic that I would do it again any time of the year.

Keep in mind that the shore excursions are in the early morning hours and then again about four pm. So during the heat of the day you are aboard the air conditioned ship.

If you want to see more about the trip, ship, etc. you might have a look at:

http://www.*****.com/Galapagos.html

LOVE your website. Have bookmarked it for future reference.

• 2 months later...

How were the water temps in the June, July August periods? Are there times when the currents change from warm to cool throught the area? I was thinking about July becuase of school breaks but had heard that the water gets very cool during that period. Any info from anyone? Thanks:confused:

• 3 months later...
Because of my job, I think the only months I will have an option to take extended time off will be July/ August - has anyone been to the Galapagos during these months? Was it overly hot or humid?

Thanks -

In July, the average temperature there is 75 degrees and in August it's 70 degrees. For rainfall, the historical average in July is one inch/month and 6 mm in August. However, if that's the only time you have available to go, by all means go regardless of the weather. I went with Quasar Expeditions (http://www.galaplagosexpeditions.com) and every day there were such amazing encounters and experiences that the weather was the least of my concerns.

July-September are the coolest and driest months. The weather is driven mainly by the Humboldt Current, which is strongest in the southern winter and dissipates some in their summer (the original meaning of El Nino was a mild warming of that current off Peru around Christmas).

From all I have read the climate variations in the Galapagos are modest and there is no bad season to go there.

• 3 months later...

We went during last April. A truely amazing trip. April is the warmest month there, so during july/august i immagine it would be much colder. We went on the Celebrity Xpedition, the largest ship that sails in the Galapagos, and it was the best cruise we have ever been on. Such a different experience. The crew were wonderful.

• 2 years later...

Archived