Has anyone used George's Taxi private and shared tours?

bellataurus

Hello to all members of the Cruise Critic Forum:

Time for our first cruise in the Mediterranean sea. We are looking for a private tour of Athens but due to the cost we might consider sharing the tour with others through their shareatouringreece.com website!

Has anyone used them lately?

We also need some tips on how we can plan the best day for our family.

Thank you for your time and comments!

We spent a very nice day with George a couple of years ago on a Greek Islands and Black Sea cruise, and would definitely recommend him. His taxi was nice and clean, he was an excellent driver and gave us lots of information driving between sites. We did the standard full day tour of Athens, and stopped for lunch at a nice restaurant in the Plaka. We had been to Athens before and were able to customise George's tour to spend longer at places we wanted to rather than whizzing around trying to see everything and being overwhelmed.

We would definitely tour with George again.

I used George in May 2013. He was a wonderful driver and showed us many things. We missed all the crowds and got to see a lot. We enjoyed lunch at a local restaurant, we went to stadium where the first Olympics was held and my sister and niece climbed to the top of the stadium. I think we spent longer there than George anticipated.

I would use George again if I was in Athens.

• 2 weeks later...

We have used them and they are great. Most recent was Oct 2014...Couldn't have asked for a better tour. There is so much to see and no way to see it all but he will give you more than what you can expect. You can also check him out on Tripadvisor...great reviews...please feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions....

Edited by B&BTexas

• 1 year later...

We used George's taxi in Athens last month - we were picked up at the port with all our luggage and Theo was our driver - we had a fantastic tour of the scenic points of Athens, lunch at a family restaurant and then we were taken out to Volgemeni (sp) to our beach hotel...

I would definitely use them again - we were going to have them drive us to the airport a few days later but found a regular taxi could take us there for much less.

eclue:rolleyes:

I also used George's Taxi last month for a private tour in Athens. They were fantastic! Strato picked myself and my partner up at the cruise port and took us on a fun-filled, jam packed day tour of the city! He was extremely knowledgeable about the history and the sites and such a sweetheart! We absolutely loved him and the city :) I would definitely recommend them!

• 3 weeks later...

We hired George's Taxi in Athens for our cruise that ended just last week. Our driver was Kostas, and he did an excellent job introducing Athens to us. I highly recommend using this service. They will customize the tour to your liking.

• 4 months later...

George Kokkotos and his family (all in the business) are wonderful. We have used his services many times. Once he drove us all around the Pelopponesus in his yellow taxi for 4 days. He also drove us to Delphi and Meteora. Both times he reserved small, lovely hotels for us and recommended wonderful restaurants. We have also used him for airport transfers and shorter tours many times.

The best! He is "George the Famous Taxi Driver" for a reason!

NOTE - I just realized the OP posted a while back, but the thread got revived. I concur with all the great comments over the years.

Edited by marazul

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I am interested in learning more about costs?

I found him to be more expensive. I contacted 4 highly rated companies,

He was priced somewhat higher. We are only 4 people so our private tour is more costly than a group. We finally decided on PK, he also got great reviews.

We just got back from Athens yesterday. My friend arranged a tour for 4 of us from the port to the Temple of Poseidon and then to our hotel using Athens Taxi Services. Our driver, Hermes is the brother of the owner. He was wonderful. It costs us 215 euros for the tour which also included a trip up the high hill in Athens. Hermes also came the next day and took just the two of us to the airport for 40 euros. He then went back to Athens and picked up our friends for a tour to Corinth.