**LIVE Freedom of the Seas March 1**

I didn't plan on doing a live because I could never hold a candle to ckrobin's Live. But, I am excited about everything we are doing and I think maybe I'll try. I will not be as regular as Robin. We are getting unlimited so I will check in when I can.

We flew into Orlando yesterday arrived early enough that we had lunch at Fishlips and dinner at Grills both were very good. It was raining and the plastic was down so it was hard to seas the cruise ships in. There was a Carnival and two Disney ships.

We rented a car so we could do other things. We chose Best Western Ocean hotel and suites for the single reason to be next to the Cocoa Beach Pier and the restaurant there. Very disappointed that there is nothing left there, a small bar and a shop. The restaurant was gutted and the bar before getting on the pier is also closed. That is how we ended up at the other places, good substitutes.

Our background: we have cruised a few times (first was Carnival and then 3 RC) and took a break to do AI. My one problem is I budget and am disciplined about our trips so we can afford them. When drinks are so expensive I would say ok so we will have 5 drinks a piece per day, $100 per day budget. Well DH didn't like to be rationed and I didn't like thinking about it so I strayed away. I nosed around looking for something different this time and saw they now have drink packages, right up my alley. Not that we are big drinkers, but it's something I don't want to think about, whether we get our money's worth or not. And DH is happy about trying to ;).

At breakfast this morning they said that there is a 70% chance there will be a shuttle launch at 10:30 tonight. Missed it by a day. May try to remember to be out on deck then to see, not sure how far away it is visible.

We checked out the Budget return so we know where we are going, there are plenty of gas stations around to refuel. All the car rental places are along the same stretch.

We are just wasting time until we leave, funny how time doesn't go this slow on vacation. We are leaving the hotel at 10, by the time we drop the car off and shuttle over should be around 11 or so before we get there.

More later....

ImageUploadedByForums1425221029.725880.jpg.4d9e0106edd84e4851e0b15b45885d8c.jpg

Test my pic. Grouper sandwich from Fishlips. When I take a pic with my iPhone it shows upright on my iPad but sideways when I post here so I can't turn it ahead of time, will have to remember that taking pics.

Edited by Badgertr

Thank you for doing a live report. I love following along "joining in your fun". Don't feel intimidated by other reports. All are wonderful to read and you each have a different experience. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to following along. Have a great cruise!

Hi, Badgertr: happy a great trip! If you are on the Eastern route.... Could you kindly grab an extra Cruise Compass for each day.

I'd love to see a copy of them early as We are on the Eastern in May.

Thank you :)

-Michael

I didn't plan on doing a live because I could never hold a candle to ckrobin's Live. But, I am excited about everything we are doing and I think maybe I'll try. I will not be as regular as Robin. We are getting unlimited so I will check in when I can.

Looking forward to your viewpoint on the Freedom! It's not about who does a "better" Live, it's all about your thoughts on your cruise - enjoy!

I will be following along :)

Looking forward to your reviews! Really missed following Robyn this past week. I think you are doing Western, if so could you photo the Compass each day and post? If too much to do while cruising after you get home would be fine. Thanks so much. On FOS May 24.

I will be following along. We just got off Freedom on February 22nd and are in the throes of Severe Cruise Withdrawal. We loved Freedom and the Western route.

Would you happen to have the MDR Menu Or Cruise Compass?