Porta Shots - who has used them?

tammi0916

I was out last night at a large liquor store and saw something called "Porta Shots" they are a bag of 20 individual shot pouches (1 oz each) they have vodka, rum, whiskey & tiquilla.

They look like they would great to pack in your suitecase - but wanted to know if anyone has had them and how good the liquor was?

167053!4045-7781_d.jpg

I have never seen them. Interesting. If you are mixing them, then I'm sure they are ok. I wouldn't try a martini with them unless I was already pretty tipsy though LOL I'll have to look for them. They look perfect! Too bad they didn't make those while I was still working. I could have used a couple in my purse LOL How much was a pack?

I was out last night at a large liquor store and saw something called "Porta Shots" they are a bag of 20 individual shot pouches (1 oz each) they have vodka, rum, whiskey & tiquilla.

They look like they would great to pack in your suitecase - but wanted to know if anyone has had them and how good the liquor was?

167053!4045-7781_d.jpg

Googled them...never heard of the brands they are using. So not sure if I would buy them:eek:. RR for me.:cool:

167053!4045-7781_d.jpg

The folks at the my favorite liquor store gave me a few of these to try... don't bother...

Ugh...

:(

Do you recall how much a bag cost? I found some liquor stores in CA that carry it. I'll stop and buy a bag on the way to Long Beach next month. Here is their website:

http://www.portashots.com/Index2.php

Those stores are no where near Long Beach. The closest is Costa Mesa which may take you 2-3 hours round trip depending on traffic.

Those stores are no where near Long Beach. The closest is Costa Mesa which may take you 2-3 hours round trip depending on traffic.

We're driving in from El Paso. I thought I'd stop in Riverside. I used to live on Orange County, so I am fairly familiar with the area thank goodness :) It's a bear to get around there. I certainly remember the traffic.

Oooooo... how could I have missed that?? Premium crap is still crap...

:D

Thanks for the insight! Was just wondering since I had never seen them before and I knew someone here would know!

I did search on the "pocket shots" the other poster listed and they look a little more reliable since you can get brand names..... :D

Thanks for the insight! Was just wondering since I had never seen them before and I knew someone here would know!

I did search on the "pocket shots" the other poster listed and they look a little more reliable since you can get brand names..... :D

They seem like a great idea.

My DH loves the idea of the pocket shots. I can't remember where he first heard of them, but he's been pretty keen on the idea since. Unfortunately we don't have any liquor stores around us that sell them for him to try out. Maybe we'll find somewhere on the way down to Miami in April for him to try out.

Greatest.....invention......ever.

i was out last night at a large liquor store and saw something called "porta shots" they are a bag of 20 individual shot pouches (1 oz each) they have vodka, rum, whiskey & tiquilla.

167053%214045-7781_d.jpg

• 2 months later...

If they are 1.79 each that works out to 46.54 for an equivilent 26 oz bottle of any premium liquor which is no where near that cost. May be worth the convenience to some but not me.

do you recall how much a bag cost? I found some liquor stores in ca that carry it. I'll stop and buy a bag on the way to long beach next month. Here is their website:

http://www.portashots.com/index2.php

i tried to get them to send them to me. But no such luck. I will be buying some at that liquor store as well in july. There arent too many places that carry them. I have looked everywhere. They do ship to some states.

• 4 months later...
Just bought 5 packs of 25 packets, i'll let you know how they work out on my cruise next week.

Took them on my cruise and they worked out great, could go swimming them and just pour one or two in to my drink and was good to go. Only downside is the bad taste, its not good but it gets the job done.

Archived