Playa Mia Beach Break-Cozumel

blondi372

Yes, we did this in December 08. It was all you can drink. We stuck with margaritas and Coronas - sorry, don't know what else they had. They served us right on the beach. Several water activities are free: paddle boats, kayaks and water trampolines and rock climbing iceberg in the water. We rented snorkel gear $15 pp. They have small underwater replicas of ruins to swim to and there plenty of fish. The bathroom facilities were clean. There are hammocks and lounge chairs around the pool and on the beach. There were also a few arts/crafts stores.

We thought it was well worth it for the day. Have fun.

Heidi

Yes, we did this in December 08. It was all you can drink. We stuck with margaritas and Coronas - sorry, don't know what else they had. They served us right on the beach. Several water activities are free: paddle boats, kayaks and water trampolines and rock climbing iceberg in the water. We rented snorkel gear $15 pp. They have small underwater replicas of ruins to swim to and there plenty of fish. The bathroom facilities were clean. There are hammocks and lounge chairs around the pool and on the beach. There were also a few arts/crafts stores.

We thought it was well worth it for the day. Have fun.

Heidi

Does that include beach chairs and transportation?

The 29$ through RCl is just the beach and transportation. If you want all inclusive you need to book the Deluxe Playa Mia Beach Break excursion thriugh RCL. You may be able to do on your own not through RCL cheaper but I amm not sure. We did it through RCL and it was a very enjoyable beach day with no worries.

If you have children this beach break is OK because there is a lot to keep them entertained. If you like having rows of beach chairs 6 deep and side by side then it's great. Stick with the beer because the drinks are pretty watered down.

For the price and a wonderful day, check into Nachi Cocom.

Just my 2 pesos.

According to the RCCL website for this excursion it includes the following:

Take a break at the fabulous Playa Mia Grand Beach Park. The beach is located approximately 10 miles from the town, so just take a taxi to Playa Mia Grand Beach Park. Included in your ticket are complimentary drinks, use of the beach, pool, kayaks, sunfish sailboats, beach floats and a large water trampoline. Kindly note there are only a limited number of water toys. Restrooms with changing facilities and freshwater showers are available for your convenience. Take it as easy or as active as you want. Your stay is at your own discretion and a Mexican style buffet is available at an extra cost should you feel a little hungry. You decide how long you want to stay and when you are ready to leave, taxis will be available in the parking lot.

So my question is the complimentary drinks what are they? Alcohol or no alcohol. and do we just lay on the beach on our towels or do we get a chair or is that extra? just trying to figure out do i want pay the $29 or the $69 and basically get the same thing. the $69 includes transportation, buffett lunch.

I did this excursion a few years back and it was a wonderful day! I booked through RCCL and the bus was waiting outside and a driver took us to the beach for 4 hours.

The price included chairs, umbrella, water matress, lunch buffett and as many alcohol or non-alcohol drinks that you want. I had about 8 too many....a fabulous day.

At designated time they poured me back on the bus and took us to port.

A recommended excursion.

If you have children this beach break is OK because there is a lot to keep them entertained. If you like having rows of beach chairs 6 deep and side by side then it's great. Stick with the beer because the drinks are pretty watered down.

For the price and a wonderful day, check into Nachi Cocom.

Just my 2 pesos.

Totally agree!! Yes....Playa Mia is a nice beach.....but it is very crowded, very loud, and totally not relaxing. There are much better beaches to go to in Coz. I also agree that Nachi Cocom is the place to go. We will only go there when in Cozumel. Worth every penny!

Totally agree!! Yes....Playa Mia is a nice beach.....but it is very crowded' date=' very loud, and totally not relaxing. There are much better beaches to go to in Coz. I also agree that Nachi Cocom is the place to go. We will only go there when in Cozumel. Worth every penny![/size']

What is the situation with regard to Nachi Cocom?

Also jlocole you said:

I did this excursion a few years back and it was a wonderful day! I booked through RCCL and the bus was waiting outside and a driver took us to the beach for 4 hours.

The price included chairs, umbrella, water matress, lunch buffett and as many alcohol or non-alcohol drinks that you want. I had about 8 too many....a fabulous day.

A recommended excursion.

Was this the $29 or $69 excursion.

Sorry for so many questions, but never been on a cruise and trying to figure out what we want to do in Cozumel.

Also, are any of these at your leisure?

Nachi is just a little ways past Playa Mia. It's at the end of that stretch of beach. It's a great place. Very relaxing. You need to make reservations through Island Marketing. You pay a small deposit and pay the balance in cash when you get there. The food is wonderful, so are the drinks....beautiful pool and hot tub. Ahhhh.....wish I was there right now!

We did the Playa Beach break in April 09 through RC. We had to get our own transportation and all alcohol and non-alcohol drinks were included. Not sure if we had to pay for the chair and umbrella. (I don't think we did) My husband gave a nice tip to a waiter and we never had to leave our chair. The buffet was not included in our fee but our waiter told us to help ourselves. (We didn't so I don't know how the food was)

There is a pool and nice clean restrooms and changing area. We went early and the beach was not crowded. Don't know anything about the other beach the others are talking about.

I did the cooking tour excursion last year. It was $70 through RCI and transportation was included. We did some cooking, but not what I expected. It was more like assembling your food than cooking it. Playa Mia does have daily rates for just showing up and entering the park. I can't remember what the prices were, but they have a website with the prices.

Also jlocole you said:

A recommended excursion.

Was this the $29 or $69 excursion.

This was for the $69.00 excursion. It included transportation, lunch, all beverages, beach chair and umbrella, float, etc.

• 2 years later...

Being I have been there many times in past I see now Carnival has it as a booked tour WE have always gone there on our own not through the ship. I contacted Playa for thier fees this year and they informed me, that I would have to book via our cruise ship, we do not want to book through carnival as we will be meeting family that is in Cancun the same week we are cruising and they are coming to Cozumel for our port day and my idea was using Playa as our meeting ground, and if we book through the ship how are the other 4 people we are meeting going to get in is it now only excluisive to cruise ships or is the general public still have access to the park anyone have any answers can help me with my question!!???

We always do Playa Mia when we want a beach day. We pick the 29.00 option because we like to come and go when we please.

I usually drink whatever blended drinks they shove my way. We tip a little more and they bring the better stuff out from under the bar.

The chairs are odd, but confy. They are these plastic ergonomically correct type things.

There is also a pool if you don't want the ocean. Lots of hammocks, water toys, cheap messages. There are also little shops you can buy things. I did eat there once and I thought the food was pretty good.

Scary taxi ride on the way there, but on the way home, you just won't care.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm doing the excursion next week to Playa Mia. Is there a secured place to put your passport and money while swimming, like a locker etc? Just wondering what do you do with Passport and money while swimming? If coming from a Cruise, can you leave your passport in the ship?

Hi, I'm doing the excursion next week to Playa Mia. Is there a secured place to put your passport and money while swimming, like a locker etc? Just wondering what do you do with Passport and money while swimming? If coming from a Cruise, can you leave your passport in the ship?

Their website says they have lockers for rent but no price is listed.

Most people will say to leave your passport in your safe on the ship. You don't want it to get lost or stolen.

We are doing this excursion the first week of February. Would love it if you come back and let us know how it was.:D

I was planning to visit Playa Mia and just kick around Cozumel for the day, but noticed that there will be 6 cruise ships in port that day (+/- 16,000 people). Now I'm wondering if I should just book a snorkel trip or something away from the island. Has anyone had this experience and what did you do?

Archived