Ft. Lauderdale Hotel Irma Updates (post your updates here)

Artemis908

Hi, I know that a lot of people have been posting about Ft. Lauderdale hotels and wanting to know which ones are open, closed, have power, were damaged, etc. For anyone who is searching for rooms, I thought it might be helpful to have a thread where someone can go to and find information all in one place. So please feel free to add your updates here if you have any on hotels. I will go back to previous threads I have read with updates I have found.

Homewood Suites by Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Terminal

Hotel is open, however, phone lines are down and they can currently only accept cash payment if you do not make a reservation online.

Source: Facebook page

Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn

Hotel is open

Lago Mar Resort

Open today with "limited service"

Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina

Currently open

Looking for updates of Hyatt House in Dania Beach. Not answering mails nor calls.... :(

Still widespread phone and internet outages in South Broward even in neighborhoods where power was only lost briefly or not at all. Comcast/Xfiniti is concentrating on opening free hotspots over restoring individual customers. Though you would think they (and any other hotel) would have managed to start answering e-mails by now--as when I do catch onto a wifi hotspot the service is actually quite fast.

Looking for updates of Hyatt House in Dania Beach. Not answering mails nor calls.... :(

I am actually looking for info on Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port (on 18th Street).....I believe these two are close by each other in Dania Beach. The Hyatt Place on 18th has not updated their facebook page since Sept. 4th.

Thanks!

I am actually looking for info on Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port (on 18th Street).....I believe these two are close by each other in Dania Beach. The Hyatt Place on 18th has not updated their facebook page since Sept. 4th.

Thanks!

I received a FB message from Hyatt House today that they're up and running. Do I suppose their neighbor Hyatt Place is also open for business.

I received a FB message from Hyatt House today that they're up and running. Do I suppose their neighbor Hyatt Place is also open for business.

I also got a facebook message back from Hyatt Place in Dania not long after I posted this actually!! They are up and running too!!

I called to confirm my reservation for Dec and make sure the Hampton inn in Coral Gables on 28th Terr was open, but they're not. Hoping they will be by Dec 30-Glad I bought insurance for $25, so I can get my points back into my credit card account!

Think I'll make another reservation, just in case.......

Helaine

• 2 weeks later...
Hyatt Regency Pier 66 just cancelled my reservation for 9/23.

We were scheduled here for Oct. 21, pre-cruise. I checked the site yesterday and they are closed until Oct. 23, but we got no notification! I was able to book the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina for $60 less, so I'm happy. Now I just have to get my Hyatt money back.

We were scheduled here for Oct. 21, pre-cruise. I checked the site yesterday and they are closed until Oct. 23, but we got no notification! I was able to book the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina for $60 less, so I'm happy. Now I just have to get my Hyatt money back.

That hotel is no longer a Hyatt after 10/12. I would assume that has something to do with the extended closure more than storm damage. You’ll never know what you’ll get in those situations so it’s probably best you’re at the Hilton now.