Which cruises provide for a romantic outdoor meal?

TomJefs

Hello fellow cruisers,

I am looking for a cruise, probably a luxury one, which provides an elegant, relatively discreet outdoor eating area for a romantic meal or even breakfast on the veranda. Perhaps with canopies. River Cloud II looks like it may have one with a teak sundeck.

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=580

Sea Dream 1 seems to have a laid-back bar area and can set up individual tables but it does not seem to be a full, elegant dining area as such. It does not seem quite right.

Does anyone have a list of cruises with elegant outdoor eating areas? :rolleyes:

Best regards,

Tom

river-cloud-II-photo.jpg.434fb3c6e37b1af25cf82b055c854298.jpg

back of ship,,but only about 6 tables and must reserve them early in cruise.Also, regular outside dining for all on many occasions.In fact, on Adriatic cruise we only ate inside 1 time.

Also, most of other luxury ships have outdoor dining around pool and also in back of ship behind one of the restaurants.We ve eaten outdoors for full dinner with great views on both Regent and Seabourn.

Another option is to have full dinner ,served course by course ,,in room and eat on your own balcony,,again available on most luxury lines.;)

Thanks for your feedback Alexandra. I will certainly take that on board (no pun intended).

What I was thinking of was a picture I saw from a cruise (Windstar or Windjammar maybe?) of flowing white canopies overlooking some carefully selected tables. It looked very evocative but, alas, I can't recall the cruise specifically. I’ve even tried looking at the cruise sites and Google images without success.

Oceania will serve course by course on your balcony or in your room PH cabins & suites

they also have a private dining room (for a fee) where you can have private meals on the 2 larger ships

Not a luxury line but upper premium

• 1 month later...
Thanks for your feedback Alexandra. I will certainly take that on board (no pun intended).

What I was thinking of was a picture I saw from a cruise (Windstar or Windjammar maybe?) of flowing white canopies overlooking some carefully selected tables. It looked very evocative but, alas, I can't recall the cruise specifically. I’ve even tried looking at the cruise sites and Google images without success.

The Wind Surf has two outdoor alternate dining areas at the aft of the ship that are quite nice on a warm evening. Silversea offers outdoor dining overlooking the pool where you grill your own entree on hot rocks -- a difference experience! We did it on the Silver Spirit.

• 1 month later...
We did the silversea where the private table overlooked the pool.

I am not familiar with this area and will be on Silversea again next year. Am curious what ship this is on and approximately where this is located. We were on the Silver Spirit and the only dining area I was aware that overlooked the pool was Hot Rocks.

Thanks.

The Colonnade on the larger (450 passengers) of Seabourn has a lovely outdoor area which wraps around the side of the ship. They serve all three meals out there. On the smaller Seabourn ships (200 passengers) the outdoor area serves breakfast and lunch and in the evenings dinner in appropriate climates.

We ate all of our breakfasts and most of our lunches on deck on the Wind Surf. We also had I think five dinners on deck over the space of two weeks. Loved the dolphins playing alongside us while we ate the one night.

Archived