I regret booking my cruise now....

thatsonofa

I wish I had booked a balcony instead of an inside cabin.... :p

Hopefully there will be some good sales coming up before July!!!

Have fun with your doom and gloom stories. :cool:

Have fun with your cruise. :)

Get that balcony!

We upgraded from a balcony to an Ocean Suite the day before all the mess started for only $350.00. The upgrade fairy didn't call...I noticed the price drop and snatched one of the last three left.

Keep an eye on the rates...and jump on a deal when you see one!

I found this AWESOME YouTube video which gives you a tour of the Carnival Pride (which happens to be the ship I'll be cruising on in May). I find myself needing to watch this video at least every other day ... it showcases everything WONDERFUL about cruising the Caribbean with Carnival! It always leaves a silly grin on my face ... I'm hoping it has the same effect on each of you! Click to view:

Can't you upgrade to a balcony even though you have already paid in full?

If balcony rooms are available for your sailing I would think Carnival would be happy to accept more money from you! :)

We always have a balcony room for 7-night cruises or longer. We had an inside room for our 4-night Carnival Fantasy cruise and it was fine, I didn't miss the balcony too much. But then for our 4-night Royal Monarch of the Seas cruise I had originally booked an inside room, but then later upgraded to an outside with window. I don't think that ship even had balcony rooms, or maybe just a few for the suites.

If I was regretting booking and paying for an inside, and was wishing I had gone with a balcony I would be calling Carnival to see if I could change it.

Can't you upgrade to a balcony even though you have already paid in full?

If balcony rooms are available for your sailing I would think Carnival would be happy to accept more money from you! :)

We always have a balcony room for 7-night cruises or longer. We had an inside room for our 4-night Carnival Fantasy cruise and it was fine, I didn't miss the balcony too much. But then for our 4-night Royal Monarch of the Seas cruise I had originally booked an inside room, but then later upgraded to an outside with window. I don't think that ship even had balcony rooms, or maybe just a few for the suites.

If I was regretting booking and paying for an inside, and was wishing I had gone with a balcony I would be calling Carnival to see if I could change it.

I'm not regretting booking the cruise, my sarcastic bone was itching yesterday with all the drama and I needed to scratch it.... :cool:

I am being cheap and waiting to see if there are any better sales closer to the sailing date. I'm trying to surprise the DW, and she is likely to see more money charged to the credit card for an upgrade. :D

As long as you are not within final payment it does not matter if you are paid in full. You still have the right to completely cancel cruise at no penalty unless you booked early saver or super saver.

I just upgraded from our extended balcony to a premium balcony about 2 weeks after final payment.

The first customer rep at the 800 number told me that it could not be done after final payment so I posted on Cruise Critic to see if that was really true (especially since I was willing to pay the extra $$ to upgrade). Everyone told me to keep calling until I found a rep who said yes. I'm so glad that I did (and got a yes on my very next call to Carnival) and am looking forward to my awesome premium balcony that I would have never booked originally. (Unfortunately prices have dropped considerably since I upgraded, but we need a cabin for 4 and the quad suites that were left were still way out of my price range!)

Now I'm just hoping that Legend holds together to make it over to the Med and we'll actually get to go on this once-in-a-lifetime cruise!

We upgraded about 4 and a half weeks before sailing and way after our final payment. Just had to pay the difference then and there to get it. I just called our PVP

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Archived