Late Dining on Valor - How Long Will We Be At Dinner?

jvitatoe26

Hello! I will be sailing on the Valor in May, and we have decided on 8:15pm dining. But I see that comedy shows etc start around 10pm. How long can we expect dinner to take?

There are two of us, and I sent an email to the maitre d (vamaitred@carnival.com) requesting seating for two and letting them know I had a food allergy, but I never heard back so I'm not sure what our seating arrangement will be. Can someone more experienced provide some insight?

Thanks!!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The time it takes for dinner would vary greatly depending on whether you were seated at a 2-, 4-, 6-, or 8-place table. Of course, seated at a 2-place would be the quickest as you could pretty much set the pace by how fast you move from one course to another. If you have tablemates, the flow will depend on you and the rest of those seated with you. We have been as late as 10:00pm leaving the MDR but, because this is one of those "special" times of the day for us, we choose to relax and enjoy it.

Because of your food allergy, I would surely go to the MDR you are assigned to on embarkation day and find the MD and ensure that they have that noted on your seating!

Because of your food allergy, I would surely go to the MDR you are assigned to on embarkation day and find the MD and ensure that they have that noted on your seating!

Thanks for the tip - I will certainly do that to ensure everthing works out well and I will not have any issues. I was kind of wondering why I hadn't hear back, but then again we are still ten weeks away from sailing so maybe it is still too early.

I agree. If you are seated at a table for 2, then you should get out of there quickly. We were at a table for 4 on the Valor and we rushed in getting to the shows at the late dinner. They seemed to really attend to the large table for 8 or that table tried to consume our waiters time. We told our waiter that we were going to the show they understood when we were on another ship. Have a great trip.

Archived