St. Thomas, flea market?

funinthsun

Most of the islands have some sort of outdoor market, so it's hard to determine which one you may have heard about.

St Thomas' Vendors' Plaza, which is located in town under mostly blue tents, is often referred to as a flea market. That's where you'll find purses, t-shirts, silver and costume jewelry, and other island souvenirs.

I don't know what St Maarten calls their outdoor market, but I've seen it at the further end of the street. Also saw lots of bags and sarongs.

In Nassau, there's the Straw Market which offers straw bags (cute!), and other fashion bags as well as an assortment of other goods.

Is there something specific you were hoping to find?

Most of the islands have some sort of outdoor market, so it's hard to determine which one you may have heard about.

St Thomas' Vendors' Plaza, which is located in town under mostly blue tents, is often referred to as a flea market. That's where you'll find purses, t-shirts, silver and costume jewelry, and other island souvenirs.

I don't know what St Maarten calls their outdoor market, but I've seen it at the further end of the street. Also saw lots of bags and sarongs.

In Nassau, there's the Straw Market which offers straw bags (cute!), and other fashion bags as well as an assortment of other goods.

Is there something specific you were hoping to find?

Thank You. Not looking for anything specific. I just like to shop and I remembered reading about it once before. I'll keep searching. THANKS

On St. Thomas the Vendors market at the edge of CA sells silver, t shirts, knock off bags and typical souveniers. The one in P'burg is in the center of town and sells much of the same but less silver and more clothing and kids stuff. The market in Marigot sells fruits, spices and local type art and t shirts.

I think it was at a market in St. Maarten that I got some delicious banana rum (looked a bit dodgy/homemade, with real bananas floating in the bottle), and I was wondering if something similar is sold in St. Thomas? It was very sweet, almost syrup-y. I haven't been able to find anything quite as delicious anywhere else I've been and was hoping I'd be able to find some in St. Thomas.

Cruzan makes a banana rum, but it doesn't have bananas floating in it. It is very good, to me. I tried it when I toured their distillery on St Croix. If you go to AH Riise on Main Street, they have a tasting bar and you can try different spirits. All of Cruzan's flavored rums are sweet.

I think it was at a market in St. Maarten that I got some delicious banana rum (looked a bit dodgy/homemade, with real bananas floating in the bottle), and I was wondering if something similar is sold in St. Thomas? It was very sweet, almost syrup-y. I haven't been able to find anything quite as delicious anywhere else I've been and was hoping I'd be able to find some in St. Thomas.

Get a large glass gallon jug and cork or other large glass container with a lid. Fill it with over-ripe bananas. You can save the bananas in your freezer after they're too black to eat until you have enough. Then pour in the rum to fill the jug. Save the rum bottle. Allow the rum-banana mix to infuse for a week or more. Shake it up a few times a day. When you can't wait any longer pour the rum out of the jug and into the rum bottle. You'll need a funnel. You may need to filter through a strainer andf coffee filter. Enjoy!

Yes, i did find the info I was looking for. It was a farmers market in Marigot, St. Martin. UNfortunately it's only on WEd and Sat, and we're there on thurs. Oh well......maybe next time

Archived