Sea Princess Electric Sockets (power points)

marchamona

From reading 'old' posts I gather this ship has UK three pin sockets, has this been changed? I use mainly two pin European round pins, is there another type of socket in cabins where this would work, or do I need an adaptor?

Thanks...

From reading 'old' posts I gather this ship has UK three pin sockets, has this been changed? I use mainly two pin European round pins, is there another type of socket in cabins where this would work, or do I need an adaptor?

Thanks...

Hi,

Just off the SeaP. There is a two pin round socket behind the bed. There is an aussie socket and a 3 pin european socket on the desk. Plus a shaver only socket in the bathroom (not aussie, did not recognise).

Jen

Hi,

Just off the SeaP. There is a two pin round socket behind the bed. There is an aussie socket and a 3 pin european socket on the desk. Plus a shaver only socket in the bathroom (not aussie, did not recognise).

Jen

Brilliant...thanks a lot.

Bobhsv,

There were no US power points? I thought they might have left at least one.

Thanks

Unless something drastic happened since August, yes, there is also a US plug. Be sure to bring a power strip so you don't have to play plug-unplug. Also, when you use the hair dryer, the power can't be used for the US plug.

Paula

Thanks, Paula

We always carry a power strip. I use the in-room hair dryer, and most of our appliances are duel voltage, plus we have purchased an adapter, so we should be OK.

Something somewhat drastic did happen since August. The Sea P officially became Australian based. On board currency is the AUS$, as well as the AUS electrical outlets.

Patsy

Thanks, Paula

We always carry a power strip. I use the in-room hair dryer, and most of our appliances are duel voltage, plus we have purchased an adapter, so we should be OK.

Something somewhat drastic did happen since August. The Sea P officially became Australian based. On board currency is the AUS$, as well as the AUS electrical outlets.

Patsy

Thanks for the info. What are AUS electrical outlets like? 2/3 pin? Round/flat pins? voltage?

Thanks for the info. What are AUS electrical outlets like? 2/3 pin? Round/flat pins? voltage?

They are three flat pins. The two top ones are angled outwards (at the bottom) and the bottom one is straight up and down. (Hope I have explained clearly:).) Australian voltage is 240v 50 cycles per second. US voltage is 110, 60 cycles.

The aussie pins are three flat pins, with the upper two angled, and the lower one vertical. You should be fine with a powerstrip going from under the bed area. Also Princess have adaptors available, few, but if you are quick to ask your cabin steward, then you may get lucky.

Jen

Archived