Transgender/queer friendly cruising ideas?

alluringdelight

Hello all,

My boyfriend and I are considering going on a cruise this winter. He's FtM, has all ID changed and for all intents and purposes, passes. I am a cisgender, queer femme (so assumed straight!) woman. We are OH SO VERY QUEER, but straight people read us as one of them, which is exhausting.:eek:

I would love to go on a gay-ish cruise, but it doesn't feel right when they are so gender specific. What do you think our best bet is for a queer friendly cruise where we might be able to hang out with other queer people? I'm not so much worried about safety issues, I'm just hoping to find some cool company. :)

I've never been on a cruise before, and I'm feeling somewhat overwhelmed with the possible options! Any advice would be hugely appreciated. THANK YOU!!!!

Hello all,

My boyfriend and I are considering going on a cruise this winter. He's FtM, has all ID changed and for all intents and purposes, passes. I am a cisgender, queer femme (so assumed straight!) woman. We are OH SO VERY QUEER, but straight people read us as one of them, which is exhausting.:eek:

I would love to go on a gay-ish cruise, but it doesn't feel right when they are so gender specific. What do you think our best bet is for a queer friendly cruise where we might be able to hang out with other queer people? I'm not so much worried about safety issues, I'm just hoping to find some cool company. :)

I've never been on a cruise before, and I'm feeling somewhat overwhelmed with the possible options! Any advice would be hugely appreciated. THANK YOU!!!!

Ok Honey,well we are exactly in the same boat.

One of us is a MTF,and one is a absolute queer femme.

One was born Hermaphrodite,and surgically transitioned,20 years ago.

So we basically identify as femme lesbian.

Where the hell do I start.

Gay cruises are not for us,we love our hetro crowd.

Problems a few yes.

We overcome Phobia with style,class and grace.

Your choice of cruise and line will have a dramatic affect on your cruising outcome.

You would be amazed by the amount of gays who relax on a hetro cruise,knowing they are accepted.

Now one point,gay is a lot different to transgendered,which I'm sure you all ready know.

Need more info we can chat here or swap emails.:):)

P/S You will both love your cruise,and after will prob say what the hell were we worried about.

Chin-up,strength,PRIDE,shes a changing world.

Its actually good to chat here,because it gives others strength

Yours Traci-Lee and Linda

Edited by mrs and mrs

I am a woman who is psychology professor and sex educator in my late 60's. I cruise solo a lot and mostly on Princess which has a older demographic. I see far more groups of women my age cruising together then men. As a solo cruiser it is easy for me to buddy up other women in my age group. Sociologically speaking the younger generations are less concerned about someone's gender and the older ones either don't care or are totally confused with all of the new terms "cis, queer"etc. My age group still see "queer" is a pejorative term. If you want to dance till dawn pick a cruise line that that doesn't roll up the rugs at 9pm. Good for you and Travel On!

Diana

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, when wanting to go on a gay-ish cruise to hang out primarily with other queer people, you'll have to consider a group like Atlantis or Olivia. There's not really a "gay-oriented" cruise line that most queer people gravitate toward.

Most lines are relatively inclusive and attempt to promote meet-and-greets as a scheduled activity to allow those with similar interests a place to connect. However, reports of attendance are hit-or-miss. Ours were certainly misses.

Even though we have a singular point of reference (Carnival), we have never had a problem randomly bumping into other queer people (some frequently!). I think we are uniquely attuned to find each other in the sea of heterosexuals. :D

I am a woman who is psychology professor and sex educator in my late 60's. I cruise solo a lot and mostly on Princess which has a older demographic. I see far more groups of women my age cruising together then men. As a solo cruiser it is easy for me to buddy up other women in my age group. Sociologically speaking the younger generations are less concerned about someone's gender and the older ones either don't care or are totally confused with all of the new terms "cis, queer"etc. My age group still see "queer" is a pejorative term. If you want to dance till dawn pick a cruise line that that doesn't roll up the rugs at 9pm. Good for you and Travel On!

Diana

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bingo,R;E the younger generation,they don't give a toss about your gender,they are very gender neutral

The older generation,are just confused.

Woman,very really a problem.(Mother instinct)

Male,confusion.(confront,bully,tough guy image,fear.)

Aluring: I sincerely hope you get a bunch of good responses to your post and get some great advice and support. I can provide you only a smidgen, but I will tell you what I know as a gay man. Recently we were on the Queen Mary 2 (Cunard) and at the LGBT nightly gathering, a nice guy introduced himself to a few of us as a cross-dresser who plans to cruise with his MtF friend who is in transition. He wanted to know if they would run into problems dressing as women on the QM2. Both had male identities on their passports, so we quickly noted that as a problem. Otherwise we told him that virtually all passengers would be oblivious to their dress choices as long as they adhered to Cunard's dress code, which is rather formal. But I have to admit that the LBGT gatherings on Cunard (as well as other lines like Azamara that we have taken) are gay male dominated, with all the pluses and minuses that come when gay boys get together. Some lesbians show up, but not a large number. So are these gatherings really queer? Well not so much in a truly liberated sense. Anyway, I wish you the best, that you get some more responses, and most of all happy sailing!