I had to Bail on Carnival this spring break.

detroitlions

I ended up changeing my Carnival Breeze trip and booked the NCL Epic.

Biggest reason is they are offering there Ultimate beverage package for free for every one in my cabin. No 15 limit. This would have cost me over $800 on the Breeze. I wonder if Carnival is going to step up there game to compete. My crusie was $400 cheaper on top of the free package. If you pay for a suite you get free specialty dinners all trip.

Biggest reason is they are offering there Ultimate beverage package for free for every one in my cabin. No 15 limit. This would have cost me over $800 on the Breeze. I wonder if Carnival is going to step up there game to compete. My crusie was $400 cheaper on top of the free package. If you pay for a suite you get free specialty dinners all trip.

Well until Carnival 'steps up' enjoy (and try to remember ;)) your sailings on NCL, Celebrity, or any of the others offering those incentives.

Sounds like a sweet deal detroit. Enjoy!

I just need to be aware that there may be a better deal out there. For the longest time Carnival beat everyones prices hands down. Not the case anymore. I am not going to be loyal when the price is not right. Plus Unlimited is preaty darn sweet. I still cant believe it.

Hope you booked a suite as the size of the inside cabins is ridiculously small at 128sf! :eek:

Aren't you in the penalty period? How did you cancel?

I'm pretty that after the first two people, the drink package is only for soda, so if your third passenger is over 21, you might want to check on that.

It is a great offer, though. I'm booked for a holiday cruise, myself.

Please come back after your cruise and let us know how you liked it.

Have a great time.

I hear you, OP. I'm booked on the Dawn to Bermuda in July.

No airfare. Better exchange rate for Canadians (saved us $530). The UBP thrown in for free (value of around $900 for the 4 of us). Also received a price adjustment of $700 as a result of a sale.

Sure, the Dawn is an older ship, but given the price and itinerary, it was a no brainer!

Edited by soccersharon

I'm pretty that after the first two people, the drink package is only for soda, so if your third passenger is over 21, you might want to check on that.

It is a great offer, though. I'm booked for a holiday cruise, myself.

My ds is 12. 2 adults above 25 during spring break. 21 after spring break

No airfare. Better exchange rate for Canadians (saved us $530). The UBP thrown in for free (value of around $900 for the 4 of us). Also received a price adjustment of $700 as a result of a sale.

Sure, the Dawn is an older ship, but given the price and itinerary, it was a no brainer!

It was a while ago but I remember it being a lot of fun.

I think Carnival's pricing is a little optimistic on their part this year. I think Carnival is testing the waters to see how many people will actually pay more.

I was waiting on my DW work to approve her time off. So I never booked so I guess I made out having to wait cause this is a sweet deal.

So you never booked the Carnival Breeze that you are "changing" as you stated above? Confused.

We are opposite, going from ncl to carnival for the first time. Ncl was $800 more for our family of four for spring break. The drink package isn't too much of a pull since i'm the only one who drinks and everyone else hates pepsi products.

How did the exchange thing work out, if you don't mind me asking?? Did you call and ask them for a deal? The online doesn't seem to change it for me. I have 145 days to decide whether we go through with our cruise on the Dream. We're having to drive to NOLA. With free drinks and closer port on NCL, the better exchange would seal the deal! :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by cdubmom