Mykonos in early October?

cheffip

My wife and I have a stop at Mykonos on our eastern Med cruise this fall. Our second time there...first time we did a very enjoyable DIY to Delos plus exploring the town.

I was looking for something new like an island tour this time, but the ship's tour is very expensive and I can't find any local tours through TripAdvisor.

Any suggestions? I was also wondering about part of the day at the beach (if it's warm enough) and some time in town. If so, what's a good DIY beach?

So you have two different issues and solutions. For beaches you could simply use the local bus to go to a place like Paradise Beach. But if you want to see more of the island you might want to consider just renting a car and driving yourself.

Hank

The weather should be lovely for October. Take the shuttle into town and enjoy walking around this lovely little place. Lots of cafes around the old harbour for a coffee or lunch.I wore shorts at that time of year.

We also did Mykonos twice in October. The first time we just explored Mykonos Town. The second time, we took the bus to Super Paradise beach and lounged a bit at a restaurant. It was relatively quiet. We hiked it over to a few beaches to the west. Parts of the hike were kind of rugged. We had enough time to head back and do a quick walk through Mykonos Town again.

If I had to do it over again, as others mentioned, I'd consider renting my own wheels to allow for easier access to explore other beaches as many of them are not easily connected by trail along the beach.

If you dock (not tender) there is a beach within walking distance of the ship. It isn't the most famous but is convenient. Six years ago the water temperature in early October was quite cold by my standards, but many people were enjoying it. I don't really want to venture a guess on the temperature.