1st Time Cheers Package. Few Remaining Questions

slatexx

Me and my wife have decided to finally try out the Cheers Package for our upcoming cruise in May. However I did have a few remaining questions that I have not been able to find the answer to yet. Any feedback would be appreciated just looking to better understand some of the program odds and ends.

1) If I have my spouse's sail card card can I get two coffee's, or two drinks or really two of anything if she is not present utilizing both of our cards. We will both be on Cheers, but were wondering do both of us have to physically go to the bar every time to get us both drinks or can the drink run be completed by one person.

2) We are going on the Carnival dream and know that the coffee bar has bottled water, tea and other bottled beverages. Are there any other places in the am to get bottled beverages beside the coffee bar or before leaving out on port days?

3) I am assuming that sake and alcoholic drinks at the sushi bar are included... Should be based upon the program rules.

4) Any other good tips to maximize value or little unknowns would be great.

We typically pay for drinks via cash and buy 2 bottles to be delivered to the room and have done this for the last 5 or 6 cruises. However with the changes to the program and us already spending $500 or so onboard seems to be worth it to make the switch and not have to worry about staying on budget, counting drinks or needing to have a few drinks in our room.

Me and my wife have decided to finally try out the Cheers Package for our upcoming cruise in May. However I did have a few remaining questions that I have not been able to find the answer to yet. Any feedback would be appreciated just looking to better understand some of the program odds and ends.

1) If I have my spouse's sail card card can I get two coffee's, or two drinks or really two of anything if she is not present utilizing both of our cards. We will both be on Cheers, but were wondering do both of us have to physically go to the bar every time to get us both drinks or can the drink run be completed by one person.

2) We are going on the Carnival dream and know that the coffee bar has bottled water, tea and other bottled beverages. Are there any other places in the am to get bottled beverages beside the coffee bar or before leaving out on port days?

3) I am assuming that sake and alcoholic drinks at the sushi bar are included... Should be based upon the program rules.

4) Any other good tips to maximize value or little unknowns would be great.

We typically pay for drinks via cash and buy 2 bottles to be delivered to the room and have done this for the last 5 or 6 cruises. However with the changes to the program and us already spending $500 or so onboard seems to be worth it to make the switch and not have to worry about staying on budget, counting drinks or needing to have a few drinks in our room.

For 1: I've seen it done, but try to make friends with the bartender. It'll make it easier.

2: Coffee bar is the most likely place in the morning, but if any other bar is open, they'll have them also.

3: Yes, included as long as it's under $50 (which it should be)

4: for me, the Alchemy bar is how I maximize the Cheers program. $11/drink quickly helps you break even. And on top of that, it's a fun place to hang out. If there is no Alchemy, I usually don't even purchase Cheers.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I had no trouble taking my wife's card to the bar for her. Every bar had bottled water when I asked. I have no idea about sake and never went to the sushi bar. We also didn't worry about maximizing anything, we just drank what we wanted.

If you go to the same places all the time try to have the same server wait on you. They will give you better service and remember your card number and you will not even need your cards. We hang out on the pool deck a lot and our server would not even come over he would just look at us and make a motion to see if we needed a drink. If we gave him a thumbs up 2 drinks would be on the way.

If you go to the bar you have to have your cards because the bartenders must swipe them, but the servers do not need your card just your folio number.

If you're going to take water off the ship on a port day, you can only get the large bottles with Cheers in the MDR or specialty restaurants. Large bottles at the gangway or at a bar will be charged to your room. You can get as many small bottles as you wish at a bar.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I get that you need to make friends with a bartender to maximize your cheers program. We mainly drink at Alchemy and have purchased cheers for the first time on sunshine may 6. So basically I need to slip a 5.00 in every time we get a drink [emoji15] already paid over 900.00 for 2 ppl. Is that really the only way to get good service?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I get that you need to make friends with a bartender to maximize your cheers program. We mainly drink at Alchemy and have purchased cheers for the first time on sunshine may 6. So basically I need to slip a 5.00 in every time we get a drink [emoji15] already paid over 900.00 for 2 ppl. Is that really the only way to get good service?

A $1 dollar bill each time will get you what you're after. Take bunches of ones and try hard not to tip by adding it the slip so they don't have to share. That's what I believe is key...not sharing with the others.;) They will remember YOU versus the hundreds of others not giving them anything...

Thanks again for all the great feedback. We are good tippers and friendly and will look to establish go to spots. Now that its paid for we are excited as this will be our first for cheers. We were actually just talking about and looking forward how having cheers may or may not change our cruising experience. Usually being a little more budget minded with a set amount to spend onboard sometimes even on vacation a small part of you is counting and remembering how much things costs even if you keep telling yourself not to. This will also be a first cruise without the kids in a few years, so we are looking forward to the more "all-inclusive" approach. Something about having not to think about or worry about the money aspect seems to make vacation better for us at least. We do disney a fair bit and when it makes sense do the meal plan which is sorta of the same concept but for food. Its just never made since to do the cheers on Carnival before with the kids and budgets at the time so definitely looking forward to it.

We are very experienced with the Cheers program. I can't stress enough how important it is to get to know your bartenders. It will make all the difference in the world. :)

The bartenders were mostly just fine. Why do you think getting to know them better would make all the difference in the world?

The bartenders were mostly just fine. Why do you think getting to know them better would make all the difference in the world?

Awww, I'm sorry I triggered you little snowflake. If you don't understand, then obviously you don't "get it." Go back to your safe space.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Why does it make the difference? Because when the band is playing, people are

Crowed up to the bar and you can simply make eye contact and nod and your favorite drink is ready instantly. Because being greeted and remembered makes the experience more magical. Because the bartenders are awesome people and you can learn a lot of your interesting things chatting with them :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And because even though they are in the service industry, they are still people too. It doesn't cost you anything to be friendly, it makes their day better (can you even imagine dealing with that many people all day every day), and it gets you better service because you have made it an enjoyable experience for them too. So, yes- it makes all the difference to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why does it make the difference? Because when the band is playing, people are

Crowed up to the bar and you can simply make eye contact and nod and your favorite drink is ready instantly. Because being greeted and remembered makes the experience more magical. Because the bartenders are awesome people and you can learn a lot of your interesting things chatting with them :)

And because even though they are in the service industry, they are still people too. It doesn't cost you anything to be friendly, it makes their day better (can you even imagine dealing with that many people all day every day), and it gets you better service because you have made it an enjoyable experience for them too. So, yes- it makes all the difference to everyone.
Two great posts that hit the head of the nail.

We are very experienced with the Cheers program. I can't stress enough how important it is to get to know your bartenders. It will make all the difference in the world. :)

I just got off the Sunshine and I couldn't agree with this more! Get to know them and tip them and they will come to you right away. They frequently gave my husband two drinks (one for him one for me...he had both sign and sail cards) AND two bottles of water which technically you aren't supposed to do but they did. We tip them almost every time we got a drink.

No, just a dollar a drink is fine, not $5. You will get good service anywhere no matter what, especially at Alchemy. It's when the bars are PACKED and there are tons of people standing around the bar waiting to be waited on that your extra tip will noticed. They tend to remember who tips more and will come to you first ;) But service is great anywhere!