Roll Call:GCT 6/18/11 Old World Prague/Blue Danube

CTtourist26

• 4 months later...
Anyone planning to be on Board the M/S River Adagio with us, Prague to Budapest on this GCT river cruise?

Also looking to plan out the initial 3 days of our hotel portion (Don Giovanni) in Prague. Suggestions welcome.

Did you take this trip? We are going in the opposite direction in September. Any comments? Did you take any of the optionals?

We took the Optional Vienna Concert Tour, given in the evening. It was a very enjoyable evening, featuring a nice small orchestra, two ballroom dancers, and 2 opera singers who did solos and duets.

In Prague & Budapest, in addition to the included City Tours, we also arranged for private tours, per suggestions found in Rick Steve's book guides for each of those cities.

The on-board food and service was first rate, as well as the 4 Program Directors.

When in port, wi-fi is available and there are 2 free loaner laptops that can be loaned out for an hour, max.

There lots of walking on mostly cobblestone streets on all the included tours.. Make sure to have comfortable walking shoes and arches if necessary. After long flights some, like me, experienced swelled leg, so if not a regular drinker, stay off the abundant free wines offered for lunch & dinner.

While the ship is in Budapest, they reposition the ship to the opposite side early at night. We didn't realize it and missed a spectacular light show (according to fellow passengers the next morning) at night visible from the top deck.

Have a wonderful time!

Could you please 'report' on clothing...

What did folks wear to dinner on the ship? and the concert in Vienna? We're taking this cruise one week from tomorrow....looking forward to it...

By the way...how was the food? and is it possible just go get plain grilled chicken and steamed veggies if you don't like what they're serving...?How accommodating are they with the food choices? What private tours did you take during this cruise?

I had started a thread two weeks ago...didn't see anyone else taking this same trip next week.

Thanks so much!

Susan

As indicated in my previous post, the food was very good. Choice of three entrees. Hamburgers & hotdogs are always available as a default at lunch or dinner. The kitchen is very accommodating. Breakfast is buffet style, plenty of choices, with a chef at a skillet making custom orders of eggs, omelets, etc

Dress is very informal. Shorts are fine if warm. Dress nicer for the optional concert. Formal attire is not needed

For Prague we contacted <www.wittmann-tours.com> which offers a Jewish perspective tour of the old Jewish sections. The tour guide was excellent. There is a similar tour co in Budapest, The Chosen tours – Jewish heritage tours. Tel./fax: x36 1 355 2202, <chosentours@yahoo.com>. The cost of the Budapest tour depends on the # of people in the group.

I brought my cpap machine with me and when I boarded the ship, upon request, they supplied me with a gallon of Distilled water to use with the machine for the duration of the trip.

I had started a thread two weeks ago...didn't see anyone else taking this same trip next week.

Thanks so much!

Susan

Susan, if you find a Tram Route Map, could you pick one up for me? I can send you a SASE for the return of the map to me. My travel book (Frommer's) has a metro map in it, but no tram map.

Thanks,

Sharon

Also, which direction are you traveling? Are you taking any trip extensions?

Susan, if you find a Tram Route Map, could you pick one up for me? I can send you a SASE for the return of the map to me. My travel book (Frommer's) has a metro map in it, but no tram map.

Thanks,

Sharon

Also, which direction are you traveling? Are you taking any trip extensions?

Guess I forgot to say that I need one for Budapest. :D

Sharon, have a transit map of Budapest in front of me. Dh says he will scan and send it to you. My e-mail momcooney1atgmaildotcom. It has buses trams and metro. It is a deloghtful city, easy to get around. Pat

Archived