Windstar cabin 126 - any problems?

avalong

Hi Folks-

I'm contemplating booking cabin 126 on the Windstar. It is close to the stairs, but is in the mid-ship area that I prefer. I'm a wee bit concerned about noise because of the stairs. Has anyone encountered any problems with this particular cabin, noise or otherwise?

We had 125 once and I wouldn't book it again. I didn't notice any noise from the stairs but there was a lot of noise from whatever machine is next to the room. You might be OK on the other side of the hall.

118 on the Wind Spirit was quiet.

We had 125 once and I wouldn't book it again. I didn't notice any noise from the stairs but there was a lot of noise from whatever machine is next to the room. You might be OK on the other side of the hall.

118 on the Wind Spirit was quiet.

Was the machine in that dead space between 125 and the next cabin forward? I ask because we have that same dead space next to 126.

Oh I see what you mean. I don't think it had to do with the little narrow space on the deck plan. Seems that the noise came from whatever is between 125 and 121. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Thank you Kimiata. I double-checked the deck plan and realized that the dead space is just forward of 126, but just aft of 125, between it and the stairwell (and then comes 121). I think I'd better find another cabin, just to be on the safe side.

Thank goodness for these boards.

Haven't stayed in 126, so can't directly answer your question. However, that dead space you see in the deck plan are the watertight doors that close when entering or exiting certain ports. There's a second set of doors in front of cabins 110 and 107.

• 1 month later...

I was in 127. No noise. We loved the location except when the sea doors closed. After a few times getting shut out, we just took it in stride. The sea door closing only affects deck one. It only happens when you are arriving or departung a port. I would not hesitate. Book 126.

I was in 127. No noise. We loved the location except when the sea doors closed. After a few times getting shut out, we just took it in stride. The sea door closing only affects deck one. It only happens when you are arriving or departung a port. I would not hesitate. Book 126.

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We were in cabin #115, sailing from Barbados Dec. 27, 2014. There is evidently a motor of some type near that cabin. It has a loud whine, so my husband thinks it's electrical. I had trouble sleeping the first few nights because the whine was so annoying. The ship was fully booked, so we didn't complain.

I know many people love Windstar. We met a number of couples on the ship who had sailed numerous times. Advantages include the small ship atmosphere, excellent service and good food.

The ship has a lot of movement. I was sick on this cruise for the first time in many years. The noise was a big disappointment because I expected quiet sailing. We didn't really sail. It seems the sails are just for show. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has had a quiet, lovely sailing trip on Windstar. Maybe we were just unlucky.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from 120, also close to the stairs. No noise problems. Also never heard any noise from neighbors. Several couples complained of noises in the stern, but nothing closer to us than about cabin #110.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just back from 120, also close to the stairs. No noise problems. Also never heard any noise from neighbors. Several couples complained of noises in the stern, but nothing closer to us than about cabin #110.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks!