Excursions or tour groups

CRUISINGALONGMAMA

I will be traveling on Conquest the first week of November and will stop in Grand Turk with my husband, cousin, and 83 year old Aunt which uses a walker. What are some excursions or tour groups y'all have used that would be good for all to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best way to see the island is to just go out tot he taxi stand and ask a van taxi (maybe easier fro your aunt to get in and out of). Most taxi drivers are proud of their island and can offer you more personalized tours. Biggest places to go...Lighthouse, salt works, Cockburntown. 2 Hours, not including a lunch, should be more than enough time. As far as a beach, there's one right there at the port. go to the right when facing the beach. Reasonably accessible as loungers on the right side are close to the shopping area and the paved walks. Be aware though that it is a bit of a walk down the pier to the port facilities and then a little further to the taxi stand. But if doing it on your own, you can take your time.

• 2 weeks later...

hi for grand turk i am also thinking of just doing a quick tour of the city/island prior then spend rest of time enjoy beach and a snorkel

would the beach area near the port be good? is it a nice beach? give good impression of grand turk? good snorkelling? thanks